Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Cheap Debs Dresses

Options
  • 07-10-2005 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Does anyone have any ideas where in dublin city would i get cheap debs style dresses. Would it be best to go to TK MAXX??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The TK Maxx ones are HIDEOUS!!! Ugh. I shudder at the thought of wearing one of those monstrosoties. Honestly, the ones in TK Maxx are awful. Cheap material and lots of sequins. They have nice stuff in all the other sections but dresses are just atrocious.

You could try Monsoon during one of their many sales? They have one at the mo and there are some good deals on some dresses, like 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Best place to get debs dresses in Dublin is the shop in Nutgrove SHopping Centre in rathfarnam. (posted about this place about 10 times already!!)

Don't know the name of the shop but you won't miss it with the dresses nearly bursting out of the place!! Some gorgeous dresses there and so reasonably priced. If you can't find a nice dress in there, there's no hope for ya!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Debenhams is relativly cheap compared to a lot of places, there's one in the Jervis shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 **Emo!!**

Thanks!Will definately try Nutgrove as I'l only be 5mins walk from there. If I get the chance I'l try debenhams and monsoon. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

be careful about the one in nutgrove though cos they get a few of the same dresses in and as far as i know they dont take down what debs you're goin to so you could end up with the same dress as someone else who's going.

i think its fairly cheap to get one made aswell at least that way you'd know yours would be original and you wouldnt have to get alterations made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

I got mine in tkmaks a couple of years ago as a back up dress. It was only forty euro and a million times nicer than some of the ones for hundreds. Look everywhere, its pot luck. The problem with well known places is that people will turn up in the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

tk maxx really is worth a look. a lot of the stuff is horrible but there is the occasional nice dress. my friend got an amazing dress there for €50, which i then saw a few months later in pamela scotts for nearly 300!

otherwise debenhams and monsoon are the only places i can think of really and theyre still a bit pricey, and youre taking the chance that someone will have the same dress!

i know a girl who got a lovely dress online, i just cant remember where, sorry :(

Advertisement