Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs for Liverpool Wed 11 March

Options
  • 10-03-2020 8:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Sorry all for posting this on here - I was struggling to see where else to put it from searching threads.

I’ve a friend down here from Donegal tomorrow night who’s a massive Liverpool fan . Not sure where to bring him with a good atmosphere and something to eat to watch the Liverpool Atletico Madrid game at 7:45pm.

I live in royal canal park in D15. Halfway house on Navan Road would be my usual port of call. Might be a bit dead for him as it’s full of old men from cabra in having a quiet pint.
    If I’m looking for somewhere livelier I usually head on into stoneybatter or Smithfield but wouldn’t be sure there!

Thanks in advance. I’m only living in Dublin a while myself so can’t even ask a friend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Sorry all for posting this on here - I was struggling to see where else to put it from searching threads.

I’ve a friend down here from Donegal tomorrow night who’s a massive Liverpool fan . Not sure where to bring him with a good atmosphere and something to eat to watch the Liverpool Atletico Madrid game at 7:45pm.

I live in royal canal park in D15. Halfway house on Navan Road would be my usual port of call. Might be a bit dead for him as it’s full of old men from cabra in having a quiet pint.
    If I’m looking for somewhere livelier I usually head on into stoneybatter or Smithfield but wouldn’t be sure there!

Thanks in advance. I’m only living in Dublin a while myself so can’t even ask a friend!

The living room pub is probably best if you a crowded venue with atmosphere.

http://www.thelivingroom.ie/

You can get the train to Boombridge and then the Luas to Parnell at.

Also there is a sports bar in Phibsboro called the back page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

The living room pub is probably best if you a crowded venue with atmosphere.

http://www.thelivingroom.ie/

You can get the train to Boombridge and then the Luas to Parnell at.

Also there is a sports bar in Phibsboro called the back page.

Ahhh the back page, why didn’t I think of that one!! That should be grand, suppose you’ve McGowan’s there too. Although I find both of these full of hipsters and young multi nationals in Dublin ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Clonsilla Inn is the "D15 Liverpool Supporters Club", they even fly a Liverpool flag in the carpark that's how hardcore they are.... supporting their team... in a pub... on front of a TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ahhh the back page, why didn’t I think of that one!! That should be grand, suppose you’ve McGowan’s there too. Although I find both of these full of hipsters and young multi nationals in Dublin ha!

Multi nationals, eh?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Multi nationals, eh?

What is the proper term ? Foreign nationals? Backpackers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

What is the proper term ?

People

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    People

That doesn’t describe the type of crowd that goes there though if they aren’t Irish or native?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That doesn’t describe the type of crowd that goes there though if they aren’t Irish or native?

You're looking for somewhere to watch a foreign football team, why would you be in any way concerned with other foreigners?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Why is it anyone's business what he's concerned about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Who the f*** goes to a pub and worries about the nationalities of the other customers? Seriously?

• Advertisement

Was just asking for a recommendation for pubs. Happened to say that the back page does tend to be a bit hipster / has a lot of young backpackers in playing table tennis, mini golf, board games all that crap.

Sound. thread closed. Some vultures around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

hope yous enjoyed the game

Advertisement