Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimmage - clonard road - Leo pharmaceuticals

Options
  • 08-03-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Looking at a house on Clonard road, kimmage. We love the house, only draw back is that it overlooks Leo pharmaceutical plant. Can see the plant has built 2 new flutes in the past year plus a nitrogen generator.Suppose our concern is should we be worried about living so close to such a plant that is clearing giving off some sort of emissions? Four houses on the one road have popped up for sale in the last month. Is this perhaps linked to the new building works at the plant ? Anyone with any information on the topic would be greatly appreciated, or on the area/road in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant answer your questions about the emissions but Kimmage is generally a good area. Though I dont think Id want to live anywhere that over looks an industrial factory, personally I think it would annoy me after a while looking out the window at it. Maybe its fine for others but I dont think Id ever get used to it.

Strange that four houses on the same road have all popped onto the market at the same time so maybe there is more building works planned and the plant is set to get bigger? You could call into neighbours and politiely ask if they know or else ask your solicitor to do a planning search on the factory and if anything is in the offing it will show up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

EPA regulations will prohibit any sort of harmful emissions, especially in a place so close to populated areas. Any emission breaches are met with strict punishments. There's far worse stuff coming out your chimney.
    One gripe could be the noise from the place however, depending on how close the house is, as the site could be running 24/7.

Advertisement