Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCN Takeaways Still Operating

Options
  • 28-03-2020 11:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to pool our resources when it comes to takeaways operating during the pandemic. There seem to be less each week, and with restaurants now being allowed to open for takeaway without a licence there will hopefully be a few new ones opening up soon.

Both the Rathbeale chipper and Fingal Café in Main St. Swords were closed tonight.

*Sanuk Thai in Swords - telephone orders only, pay over the phone then go and wait outside for your food.

*The Roxy Diner in Swords - home delivery only

*Hogs & Heifers in Airside, Thursday - Sunday only between 4.30 and 9.30. Pay over the phone, sit in your car and they'll put it into your boot.

*Camile Thai - home delivery only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Justeat.ie lists all the open takeaways, bar Sanuk which doesn't use it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Siam Thai in Malahide is open for deliveries.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's great to know! I'll put them on my list. Sanuk weren't answering the phone last night, but wouldn't take an order from my husband outside the door either - or online. Must have been inundated.

I'm particularly interested in restaurants that normally don't do takeaway - we'll all be needing the odd treat to keep us sane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

That's great to know! I'll put them on my list. Sanuk weren't answering the phone last night, but wouldn't take an order from my husband outside the door either - or online. Must have been inundated.

I'm particularly interested in restaurants that normally don't do takeaway - we'll all be needing the odd treat to keep us sane :)

Bon Appetit in Malahide have started a takeaway service. Restaurant type food rather than your usual takeaway fare. No idea what it's like. Collection I wod presume.

Also Green Straw in Swords still doing collection..had their amazing pancakes the other morning 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I noticed Thaima looks to be still open in Boroimhe Shopping Centre yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Piccolo in Skerries is not normally a take away but they are offering a service over the phone and people will be given a time to collect their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Kajjal in Malahide doing takeaway.

The best way to order from Sanuk is via their website, tey don't have to pay any fees to justeat.ie if you use it so when they are stretched that's your best chance of getting your food.

https://sanuk.ie/menu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Mint Cottage Malahide, is open for delivery only, nice food!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Pink Elephant was the other night, you had to walk in though but they had good restrictions and hand sanitiser. Also the Gourmet Food Parlour, albeit maybe only 2 of their branches. Check their Facebook page. Possibly the only place left still doing takeaway coffee. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Inquitus wrote: »
    The best way to order from Sanuk is via their website, tey don't have to pay any fees to justeat.ie if you use it so when they are stretched that's your best chance of getting your food.

https://sanuk.ie/menu.html

They weren't taking online orders on Saturday night, only phone orders. I think it was because that was easier to control - they took the phone off the hook when they had enough to be getting on with. Must have been very busy!

We thought Fingal Café was closed because the shutter was down, but got it delivered last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

They weren't taking online orders on Saturday night, only phone orders. I think it was because that was easier to control - they took the phone off the hook when they had enough to be getting on with. Must have been very busy!

We thought Fingal Café was closed because the shutter was down, but got it delivered last night :)

Yeah Snauk had on Facebook that they're only taking phone orders and not online anymore. I'd say it's so they can take the phone off the hook if they get too busy. The amount of delivery drivers outside the pizza places is mad :)

Didn't realise, I ordered from their website on Friday night, they were closed on justeat.ie but my food turned up promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Didn't realise, I ordered from their website on Friday night, they were closed on justeat.ie but my food turned up promptly.

Good point this.
    My local Thai takeaway is closed on justeat but they have a limited delivery time.
    Check their own site / Facebook etc.. for info as mine was only taking phone orders and payment via card over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cbreeze wrote: »
    Piccolo in Skerries is not normally a take away but they are offering a service over the phone and people will be given a time to collect their food.
    Also in Skerries - Macari's and Central Cafe take aways are still operating as is the Mango House Chinese (take away only) on New Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

I see HanLin Palace in Balbriggan has reopened on Just Eat

Indie at Home is shut til 12th April now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Sanuk has signs in the window saying they're not doing takeaway now - no dates.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I don't think Sanuk were coping well so that's not surprising.

We had Ruby's tonight, it was fab and they have 20% discount for orders over €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I don't think Sanuk were coping well so that's not surprising.

We had Ruby's tonight, it was fab and they have 20% discount for orders over €15.

Their food is good alright, delivery or collect?

• Advertisement

They're doing both, just from 4.30-9.30 at weekends. You have to order through JustEat - we ordered early in the day and picked a time slot. Himself went to collect it. You can go up, or phone from outside and they'll bring it down to your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Gino's and Papa Gigios in Lusk both open for delivery and collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

j1979p wrote: »
    I see HanLin Palace in Balbriggan has reopened on Just Eat

Ordered from them on Saturday evening. Ordered on their website at 5:30. Food came at 7:30. It was cold, wrong order and missing item. No answer on their phone line on both Saturday and Sunday. I sent an email to them but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's one positive of the lockdown for us, seems to be far more restaurants prepared to deliver to Portrane since it started. The selection on Just Eat has improved enormously for us!

Wright's Café Bar in Swords are doing takeaway Friday to Sunday, delivery through Just Eat or 10% discount if you collect it.

Empoli cancelled my order for their delicious Calzone Pizza last on justeat.ie as they were too busy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Roseland Chinese are back open for delivery since last Sunday!

Empoli cancelled my order for their delicious Calzone Pizza last on justeat.ie as they were too busy :(

I think the secret is to get on JustEat early in the day, pre order and pick a time if you can.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Schoolhouse look to be planning on takeaway according to their facebook

• Advertisement

I saw that! It's great having all these different takeaways :)

Advertisement