Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hardware at home to learn

Options
  • 06-05-2021 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Bit of a crazy idea:
    • I just signed up for my theory test - will take a few months
    • Lessons will start after that so likely talking autumn

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to "practice" at home? Any hardware I can buy to plugin to my Mac or PS5 to get a feel of the wheel, clutch and stick shift?

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I would imagine the price of anything that would be in any way realistic/decent would be pretty high.
    Not a lot you can do really. When you are in the car as a passenger, observe.
    Watch when driver changes gear, when they start to brake in anticipation of junctions/lights, road positioning, etc.

Advertisement