Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't ever order from "Fast"-Tech.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What's the general consensus on the wait after "dispatched to overseas"?

I've oredered from fastech before,but it seems like my latest order had been lying on the side of the road waiting for a one legged cyclist to come from hong kong to singapore to put it on a plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What's the general consensus on the wait after "dispatched to overseas"?

I've oredered from fastech before,but it seems like my latest order had been lying on the side of the road waiting for a one legged cyclist to come from hong kong to singapore to put it on a plane.

Yeah, SP are frustrating.

It is usually three weeks once despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Yeah, shipping times have really slowed, even for FT, for me recently. Finally got some deliveries this week but still have an order shipped on the 12th may in limbo.

I also ordered batteries that were shipped on the 19th May but on Monday tracking said they'd been put on hold as dangerous goods at KL airport so they ain't coming.

balls,was hoping to have it here next week.

I have 6 packages being delivered at the moment,

2 "Dispatched"
    3 in limbo
    And one with hong kong post overtaking the rest at the moment even after only been placed last week.

accaguest wrote: »
    Yeah, shipping times have really slowed, even for FT, for me recently. Finally got some deliveries this week but still have an order shipped on the 12th may in limbo.

I also ordered batteries that were shipped on the 19th May but on Monday tracking said they'd been put on hold as dangerous goods at KL airport so they ain't coming.

Was that through Malaysia post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yeah, big slow down atm.

Some idiot ordered flares from China and tried to get them sent by airmail.
    Some bigger idiot in China thought it would be ok to pop them in an envelope and put them on a plane,now all packages are being opened by Chinese customs to make sure nothing dangerous is being sent.
    None of FT carriers are accepting batteries atm so you will have to wait until your package is returned to them for a refund.

@ Celly Smunt

If it's with China post don't panic yet,one of mine hit Dublin today and there had been no change in tracking since 24-05.

Destination Country - Ireland:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/06/11 18:26:43
    2014-06-11 10:30, ITEM RECEIVED, DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    Origin Country - China:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/06/11 13:41:17
    2014-05-24 12:56, 广州国际, 出口总包直封封发, 爱尔兰, Departure from outward office of exchange, IE
    2014-05-23 21:18, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-23 12:29, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-16 13:03, 惠州市函件局, 收寄局收寄, 爱尔兰, Collection, IE

Yeah, big slow down atm.

Some idiot ordered flares from China and tried to get them sent by airmail.
    Some bigger idiot in China thought it would be ok to pop them in an envelope and put them on a plane,now all packages are being opened by Chinese customs to make sure nothing dangerous is being sent.
    None of FT carriers are accepting batteries atm so you will have to wait until your package is returned to them for a refund.

Luckily enough i have no batteries or juice,just a tonne of mods and atty's. I'm just praying that the plane is in the sky at the moment.

I'm in the same boat,went a bit mad again with the cc >.<

Orders
    11Recently Shipped
    3Unshipped Orders

@ Celly Smunt

If it's with China post don't panic yet,one of mine hit Dublin today and there had been no change in tracking since 24-05.

Destination Country - Ireland:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/06/11 18:26:43
    2014-06-11 10:30, ITEM RECEIVED, DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    Origin Country - China:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/06/11 13:41:17
    2014-05-24 12:56, 广州国际, 出口总包直封封发, 爱尔兰, Departure from outward office of exchange, IE
    2014-05-23 21:18, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-23 12:29, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-05-16 13:03, 惠州市函件局, 收寄局收寄, 爱尔兰, Collection, IE
    Christmas is here for you so :P

My issue seems to be with singapore post at the moment, my china post delivery is flying through countries at the moment,has gone through Zurich Amsterdam and today,Heathrow. :confused:.I have a feeling they just send it anywhere in the world and hope it arrives in Dublin at some point.

• Advertisement

Lol some mileage done on those mods.

SP is good for me atm

Status Date Status Description
    28-05-2014 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)
    31-05-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)
    07-06-2014 Arrived at overseas (Country code: IE)
    09-06-2014 Product Delivered (Country code: IE)

11 days and 2 of those were the weekend in Ireland.

Lol some mileage done on those mods.

SP is good for me atm

Status Date Status Description
    28-05-2014 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)
    31-05-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: IE)
    07-06-2014 Arrived at overseas (Country code: IE)
    09-06-2014 Product Delivered (Country code: IE)

11 days and 2 of those were the weekend in Ireland.
    There might be hope so,hopefully i'll have the same 8 days until arrival in Ireland.

Yeah, hopefully.

I find when one carrier slows down another improves, just to keep us guessing the bastards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Was that through Malaysia post?

Yeah, that was the only one I could choose but from jousting's post maybe they don't ship them anymore either. Delays all over make sense as some ebay orders, which usually arrive quicker for me, are lagging as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

Still waiting for other half of my order from 24 April.One just has to wait,and wait,and wait,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I ordered a few small bits and pieces and they got here in about 2 weeks.

Lucky this time I guess.
    Paid the bit extra for something to do with postage.

Still nothing :(

It didn't stop me ordering a Tree of life set and Elm dripper just there though :D

Lol, that place is addictive.

Got my Kayfun Lite + V2 this morning,(very nice piece of kit) 28 days delivery by China Post :( but on the bright side I also got my first delivery from Swiss Post, 9 days,well worth the extra Dollar.
    I ordered the Aerotank Mega clone but they sent me the real Kangertech one :)

Got my Kayfun Lite + V2 this morning,(very nice piece of kit) 28 days delivery by China Post :( but on the bright side I also got my first delivery from Swiss Post, 9 days,well worth the extra Dollar.

I've never actually ordered through Swiss post due to horror stories i hear from Germans,was that your first time?

Yeah, I have another on the way now with them,shipped 19th so we'll see if they are consistent .

China Post are backlogged since the battery fiasco are are opening all fasttech parcels and their tracking is gone to crap.

This is the Swiss one

Date Time Event Processed by Notes
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Arrival at border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:11 Departed transit country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:11 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Wed 18.06.2014 14:55 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Wed 18.06.2014 14:55 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Tue 24.06.2014 08:25 Arrival at border point of destination country IEDUBA
    Tue 24.06.2014 17:08 Released by customs IE
    Wed 25.06.2014 08:12 Delivered

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have another on the way now with them,shipped 19th so we'll see if they are consistent .

China Post are backlogged since the battery fiasco are are opening all fasttech parcels and their tracking is gone to crap.

This is the Swiss one

Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Arrival at border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:08 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:11 Departed transit country Asendia Asia
    Mon 16.06.2014 18:11 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Wed 18.06.2014 14:55 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Wed 18.06.2014 14:55 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Tue 24.06.2014 08:25 Arrival at border point of destination country IEDUBA
    Tue 24.06.2014 17:08 Released by customs IE
    Wed 25.06.2014 08:12 Delivered

That's fairly good going there by swiss post!,I might order a drip tip or something tonight and test the waters with them.

This is the newest China post order i have at the moment,hasn't moved in ten days though it seemed to have cleared customs fairly quick (apparently)

2014-06-15 03:07, CAN, 交航, 爱尔兰, IE
    2014-06-13 12:55, 广州国际, 出口总包互封开拆, 爱尔兰, Opening, IE
    2014-06-12 15:59, 惠州市函件局, 收寄局收寄, 爱尔兰, Collection, IE

I have one stuck like that since the 9th but one that was sent a few days later hit Dublin today,so it's very hit and miss atm.

I have one stuck like that since the 9th but one that was sent a few days later hit Dublin today,so it's very hit and miss atm.

Yeah its a killer.I hope this whole french airport thing wont affect anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What do you think of the aerotank? I've used nothing but since I got mine. It's worth getting some spare glass tubes for it, they're easily dropped.

What do you think of the aerotank? I've used nothing but since I got mine. It's worth getting some spare glass tubes for it, they're easily dropped.

Love it,got the brass paps set this morning,it looks great on it.

I have a few spare tanks on the way and got the steel tank with the kit as well so it's going to see a lot of use.

Swiss Post seem to be on the ball.

Thu 19.06.2014 17:46 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Thu 19.06.2014 17:46 Arrival at border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Thu 19.06.2014 17:46 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Thu 19.06.2014 18:01 Departed transit country Asendia Asia
    Thu 19.06.2014 18:01 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Mon 23.06.2014 16:56 Mailed Asendia Asia
    Mon 23.06.2014 16:57 Departure from border point of origin country Asendia Asia
    Thu 26.06.2014 08:10 Arrival at border point of destination country IEDUBA

Forgot to mention that with my first order with them it was 5 days after collection from FT that it was mailed.This one took 3 days.

@ Fratton Fred

Loving the Aerotank but the wasted space after filling was bugging me.

Saw this on another forum,of course when I went for a qtip I found an empty box but it seems like it would work.

If you stuff a cotton swab (qtip) through the drip tip to the base of the chimney you can fill up to the top just where the threads begin. I have done this trick and you can get nearly 6ml in, and once turned over (assembled of course) it no longer appears empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

@ Fratton Fred

Loving the Aerotank but the wasted space after filling was bugging me.

Saw this on another forum,of course when I went for a qtip I found an empty box but it seems like it would work.

If you stuff a cotton swab (qtip) through the drip tip to the base of the chimney you can fill up to the top just where the threads begin. I have done this trick and you can get nearly 6ml in, and once turned over (assembled of course) it no longer appears empty.

That was the only reason that I didn't get a Mega,I was too conscience of the tank being empty,thanks for that tip (excuse the pun)

lol, no bother .

Still haven't tried it but I was thinking about putting a bit of cling film over the qtip,that way nothing will soak into the air channel.

• Advertisement

I wonder if this has anything to do with the speed of swiss post

I just had a look at my package and saw "priority" stamped on it.Any body got any old package shots to compare it to?

Advertisement