Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Don't ever order from "Fast"-Tech.

Options
  • 12-03-2014 7:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38

I've been waiting over a month for my fecking package to come. They are slow as sh!t.

Anybody else here order with FastTech? How was the delivery time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

10 days but I paid for SpeedPost.

1 month sounds about right/normal for them. Did you make sure everything you ordered was in stock?
    Tons of people buy from them without paying attention to the "Available to ship in X days" beside the purchase button.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Only today i became the proud owner of a kayfun 3.1 clone i ordered that ordered it 14th feb but didnt come into stock for a while it left china on 28th feb and i got it today so i think thats more than acceptable.

i had other orders placed since 31 jan which also came today so that WAS a long wait but it was chinese new year so annoying but understandable.

two main problems are stock often seems to not come in when they think it will and when it does a lot of people are in a que

second problem is sometimes an item is shipped but for some reason doesnt leave china for 10 days then on the other hand like with kayfun it ships and leaves for overseas almost immediatly.

i have 11 orders so far with them and 8 left china soon after being shipped

everything so far has been as advertised. super cheap. well packaged , will i use them again definitely , will i complain about the wait, PROBABLY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Fasttech is fine. Just be prepared to wait and wait and wait some more. Also if the item in not in stock you can add some more time onto the waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Fasttech is fine. Just be prepared to wait and wait and wait some more. Also if the item in not in stock you can add some more time onto the waiting.

This. If you want speedy service, it's not for you. I've waited six weeks and longer for an order. On the plus side, you've usually forgotten you ordered it when it arrives so it's kinda like getting a present in the post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Nemesis clone from FT $18 with a months wait. Or from a US source for $50 in two weeks.

I'll wait a month thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

yesterday i got my first order of juice from fasttech it took 27 days (ordered 13/2/14 arrived :12/03/14)
    its way cheaper than local shops so i will continue to buy from them
    5 dekang 10ml + a liqua 30ml for 10.80€
    in ireland i pay 10~11€ for the liqua alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I have not ordered from fastech yet but will probably next order, seems a month is about the time it takes to get here, well worth the wait tbh seeing as the prices are so good.

If they ever sort out the postage delay they will be a serious force to be reckoned with and I see them doing just that in the next year or two.

There was some sort of plan to build a Chinese sales centre in the midlands, they looked elsewhere too in the UK and this is exactly what crossed my mind, the plans for the building were truly massive and I could see it as a one stop shop for access to Chinese made produce.

Sooner or later they will do just this, will be more expensive naturally but probably only about 50%.

People laughed at Japan when they started manufacturing cars after WWII....and Japanese goods were looked on as inferior and cheap. They had quality problems for a period and now well....the rest is history...

One blind spot a lot of people have about the Chinese is their ability to design, they have had thousands of years of a highly aesthetic culture to borrow from, they will absolutely hold their own when it comes to design and innovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I always assumed it was an ironic name, right?

While it can be frustrating waiting for an order everything I've received has been as advertised and great quality for the price. I see they now have a slightly quicker shipping option which costs around .70c, I ordered another trident the other day so will be interesting to see how long it takes.

I ordered a kayfun lite and a Taifun GT on the 11th February, still haven't received the kayfun and the Taifun looks to be still in China! For less than 30 quid for both I don't mind the wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

dePeatrick wrote: »
    One blind spot a lot of people have about the Chinese is their ability to design, they have had thousands of years of a highly aesthetic culture to borrow from, they will absolutely hold their own when it comes to design and innovation.

I know this is is completely off-topic (I'm waiting on a genuine Evod kit from FT, ordered on 2 Mar, dispatched on 6th. Tracking has 'Dispatched to Overseas' since about the 9th. I have guilt about this, Irish vendors have been EXCELLENT for me, but at that price (€25) for a spare, I caved.), but do you think China has this ability?

I sometimes find this belief a little too neat. What happened in Japan (or even Taiwan/Korea) will happen in China because history repeats itself kind of thing. Maybe. But I remember reading about Japanese innovation around motorbikes (specifically Mr. Honda) and it was linked to Japanese culture and specific characteristics etc. Are they there in China?

Like maybe there's a reason China has taken this long to get outside itself. Maybe their is a culturalism prevalent that is specifically suited to copying/reverse engineering and that they will never lead or innovate. Italians still make the best shoes, you know, despite the passing of time/changes in world affairs?

Anyway, vaping is changing this for me bizarrely, they're leading that (or started it anyway) aren't they? It's an impressive breakthrough. Also, their cellphones are apparently very good as well.

Anyway, way off topic ;) but if you have links etc. please post. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

accaguest wrote: »
    I know this is is completely off-topic (I'm waiting on a genuine Evod kit from FT, ordered on 2 Mar, dispatched on 6th. Tracking has 'Dispatched to Overseas' since about the 9th. I have guilt about this, Irish vendors have been EXCELLENT for me, but at that price (€25) for a spare, I caved.), but do you think China has this ability?

I sometimes find this belief a little too neat. What happened in Japan (or even Taiwan/Korea) will happen in China because history repeats itself kind of thing. Maybe. But I remember reading about Japanese innovation around motorbikes (specifically Mr. Honda) and it was linked to Japanese culture and specific characteristics etc. Are they there in China?

Like maybe there's a reason China has taken this long to get outside itself. Maybe their is a culturalism prevalent that is specifically suited to copying/reverse engineering and that they will never lead or innovate. Italians still make the best shoes, you know, despite the passing of time/changes in world affairs?

Anyway, vaping is changing this for me bizarrely, they're leading that (or started it anyway) aren't they? It's an impressive breakthrough. Also, their cellphones are apparently very good as well.

Anyway, way off topic ;) but if you have links etc. please post. Thx.

I had reason in another lifetime (read a long time ago) to study Chinese history and culture, quite an extraordinary race of people, they were doing things thousands of years before the west was. Japan basically raided and stole most of their culture from China, the one thing that has held China back is communism. This is changing slowly and I think this change will speed up.

There used to be a saying, The English/Scottish invent, the Germans perfect and the Japanese mass produce......

The ability of an entire race to change from Confucianism to Communism is quite something, they can and will if they choose too, convert to Capitalism and Democracy as swiftly. Underestimate the Chinese at your peril....!

So far I have bought two Chinese designed mods, a Youdee and a Smok Magneto and both are flawless. Neither are clones....

I can put up links for you but am wondering if this is the forum to do so on, the mods here do allow us to go on tangents without reprimand....it's the nicotine ya see......:D

Ok just one link

• Advertisement

Dont ever buy H2 cleros from FT anyway what a box of poooh they are and the spare cpoils that came with kayfun look like my cat made them, i was more or less expecting that though, and i knew 10 H2 clearos for 13 dollar to good to be true

everything else is fine so far though

dePeatrick wrote: »

Ok just one link

Thanks, will look now.

I remember in Leaving Cert history some quote about "Shouts of 'Made in Germany' came up from the gallery" during the Playboy of the Western World premiere. Couldn't for the life of me relate to German goods indicating poor quality, but at that time...

END OF TANGENT:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Nemesis mod from Fasttech ordered 08/03/14, just received shipping notice today :D

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Nemesis mod from Fasttech ordered 08/03/14, just received shipping notice today :D

Nice one , i have a sneeky feeling their shipments actually leave once a weekish and near end of week, reckon if you get a shipment notice thur/fri seems to knock a week of waiting time compared to monday shipment notice of course this could be all tin hat stuff lol

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Anyone know the procedure to track from the irish side of a fastech order? Past 4 weeks waiting and it said despatched to overseas a few weeks ago. The tracking code for singpost show nothing on the irish an post. Just wondering is this the norm before I contact the company. 1st order and man is it slow

Anyone know the procedure to track from the irish side of a fastech order? Past 4 weeks waiting and it said despatched to overseas a few weeks ago. The tracking code for singpost show nothing on the irish an post. Just wondering is this the norm before I contact the company. 1st order and man is it slow

What date is showing against the last update? It takes three weeks ish after that date to get here.

The only update you'll see is arrived in overseas Country, which is typically the day it is delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

What date is showing against the last update? It takes three weeks ish after that date to get here.

The only update you'll see is arrived in overseas Country, which is typically the day it is delivered.

Thanks fred. It says the 18 march. Ordered end feb. Ill give it another week so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Singapore post is a joke lately. Swiss post is far faster and im waiting on some china post but people from the uk have been saying its quite good. Its been roughly 2 weeks for swiss and its arrived in dublin yesterday and I dont even want to check how long for singapore but latest would have been first week in march dispatched from china. You get what you pay for with fasttech the brass astro fiasco being the latest eye opener unfortunately I bought one the second it went up for sale and yet I check the new arrivals every morning and am disappointed when theres nothing shiny and new to buy.

Yep, it was pretty much bang on 3 weeks to the day after the dispatched date for me, although I actually got a letter from customs rather than my package :mad:

But then, later that day, I received an email saying
    Thank you for your email. You should expect delivery of your parcel on the next working day by An Post, free of charges.
    which was nice :)

A cheeky purchase anyway tbh. I don't use mods so local vendors have me covered. These are probably vaping's golden days though, may as well enjoy them while we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I received my order from Fast Tech on the 10/04/14. ordered on 26/02/14.about six weeks wait.Not fast but worth waiting for when you see how much you save.

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen this update on their tracking info (singapore post):

21-03-2014 10-04-2014 Attempted Delivery (Country code: IE)
    Sounds like they tried to deliver it but couldn't:confused: It's only a replacement glass tank for the fogger so it should have fit in the letterbox. Not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

rickyjb wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this update on their tracking info (singapore post):

21-03-2014 10-04-2014 Attempted Delivery (Country code: IE)
    Sounds like they tried to deliver it but couldn't:confused: It's only a replacement glass tank for the fogger so it should have fit in the letterbox. Not sure what to do now.

Soon as it lands, it gets a registered sticker thrown on.

If you didn't get an attempted the delivery notice from the postman for whatever reason, throw in your tracking code on the an post website and it'll give you the relevant an post tracking number. Head down to your local parcel delivery office with that and some ID, should see you right.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Soon as it lands, it gets a registered sticker thrown on.

If you didn't get an attempted the delivery notice from the postman for whatever reason, throw in your tracking code on the an post website and it'll give you the relevant an post tracking number. Head down to your local parcel delivery office with that and some ID, should see you right.

Didn't know that number would work with An Post tracking, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got my nemisis from FT after 3 weeks waiting. It was worth the wait as it's a great mod for €20 delivered.

3D Dripper and separate plastic + SS drip tip arrived this morning, as did my VTC4 batteries. Suspicious that they all arrived together, I think my local postal service is holding onto things for ages before delivering them.

My 3d was despatched a week ago. Have you tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Tried my first delivery with China post last week, I must say I'm impressed, even with the Easter holiday it made great time.
    No liquids or batteries allowed if you decide to use them.

Destination Country - Ireland:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/04/23 16:18:50
    2014-04-23 08:12, ITEM RECEIVED, DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12
    Origin Country - China:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2014/04/23 16:18:50
    2014-04-17 00:00, 交航, CAN, 爱尔兰
    2014-04-16 00:00, 出口总包直封封发, 广州国际, 爱尔兰
    2014-04-16 00:00, 出口总包互封开拆, 广州国际, 爱尔兰
    2014-04-15 00:00, 收寄局收寄, 惠州市函件局, 爱尔兰

My 3d was despatched a week ago. Have you tried it yet?

I built it for the first time last night, it's not bad but it didn't blow me away to be honest. There are some pretty big cons:

- No 510 connector so you can't check the resistance of your coils without a multimeter
    - The airholes are drilled wrong on the top cap so you only have tiny (and I mean tiny, about 0.5mm) holes for dual coil mode
    - I really don't understand how you're meant to re-fill the reservoir at the bottom, there's a valve screw that has a tiny opening but no juice will make it down there without removing it. If you remove it the juice instantly empties again when you pump it so you have to do it every time you vape.
    - You can't empty or clean the reservoir without removing your coil so you can't change really change juices as the reservoir will always have a bit left. Which kind of defeats the point of a dripper for me.
    - It gets very hot and makes the mod hot as it's screwed directly into it.

Maybe I just need to get used to it. For 15 dollars it looks great with the nemesis, I'm definitely gona drill out the airholes to 2mm, hopefully that will improve things. I'd also consider blocking up the reservoir inlet and just using it as a standard dripper, that way you could change juices.

You'll need to give it a good clean when you get it, mine had a fair amount of machine oil.

If you took the spring out the deck would stay down and you'd be left with a deep reservoir so it would be like a normal dripper, hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I haven't gotten around to building or drilling out the air holes on the 3d yet but I believe people are using a syringe or needle top bottle to fill it.
    Another method which sounds easier is to push down the top, drip into the drip tip hole (about 40 drops) then release the top and the juice gets sucked into the juice chamber.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I haven't gotten around to building or drilling out the air holes on the 3d yet but I believe people are using a syringe or needle top bottle to fill it.
    Another method which sounds easier is to push down the top, drip into the drip tip hole (about 40 drops) then release the top and the juice gets sucked into the juice chamber.

Yeah I tried that way last night with mixed results, as the valve screw is quite raised you're still left with a flooded chamber for awhile. The tiny airholes get blocked with juice very easily but I guess drilling them out would solve that problem.

I also figured out that you can use it without the airflow control ring and sellotape up the 2 smaller holes, same thing as drilling them out. Looks **** though! :pac:

I'll drill them properly tonight and try dual coils with some 26 AWG wire. It could be a good dripper with juice hungry coils, saves you having to drip every 3 or 4 draws.

Advertisement