Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGA Genesis - DAMN!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Make sure you have an extra length of wire at the leg, double it back so it almost reaches the wick and you have two lengths beside eachother, hold wire in place (needle-nose pliers are handy here) and twist the looped end so that it becomes one twisted wire - make sure it's tight, no spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I see ESI have the AGA-T. I got beat on the VH Genesis do I assume this thing is just as bad? Looks like it anyway.....

Edit: Apparently the AGA is easier to set up than the VH. Think all those genesis types are probably pretty much the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Make sure you have an extra length of wire at the leg, double it back so it almost reaches the wick and you have two lengths beside eachother, hold wire in place (needle-nose pliers are handy here) and twist the looped end so that it becomes one twisted wire - make sure it's tight, no spaces.

Should end up with something like this when you are done. I did a quarter wrap of the double wire around the wick btw got a hotspot initially at the point when the double wire ends when I tried it first almost touching and it solved it instantly without any further poking or prodding.

As I said I wrap the coil around the wick first before inserting into the genny and screwing in place. I wrap with a 30 gauge needle though the wick so it keeps its shape nicely, works better than a paperclip IMHO.

8209771250_f289b883ff_z.jpg

BTW I Highly reccommend a surgical clamp like below to hold the wire in place while twisting rather than a needle nose, its much easier to get a good tight twist rather than trying to hold the pliers closed ;)

R539053-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Right.. so now I'v got a syringe, a surgical clamp and various small bottles of dubious liquids in my zipped black bag.
    "But officer, I swear it just for smoking!!"

Right.. so now I'v got a syringe, a surgical clamp and various small bottles of dubious liquids in my zipped black bag.

You'd want to see the parents in law's faces when they see my desk :P

• Advertisement

Finally got this thing going as it should. I put an allen key into the wick hole cos its smaller than 2mm. Made the coil on the allen key by attaching to the bottom first and winding 5 turns of 0.2 kanthal around it. Attached the last turn to the post and fired about 8 times after taking allen key out. Rolled the wick and cut bottom at 45 degree angle. inserted the wick and snipped level with the top of the post. bit of a hot spot initially but a small bit of tweaking got rid of it.

Its vaping very well I must say. That said, its probably only comparable to the Bulli. Bit more vapour alright and a slightly looser draw but when ease of filling is taken into account the Bulli may be back when this runs out of juice. I dont really see much difference in flavour but they say the genesis types take a tank or two to give good flavour.

On a side note, the new TBS premium juice bottles have a nozzle that makes filling MUCH easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

€5 gensis atty made from a vivi ove rebuildable
    picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14190

300 ss mesh with a 1mm fg core
    and 8 wraps of .22 Kantal used a washer on the bottom to minimize lead and double back wraping on the top
    picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14189

Method
    fold over 5mm of mesh flat, roll the mash around 1mm fg wick.
    blowtorch until glows red for 10 secs all over. cut off about an inch at 45 degrees.
    affix he bottom of kanthal wire and wrap around the wick tightly about 8 wraps for .22 (2.4 ohms)
    remover the wick and dry fire the coil till it glows evenly all over.
    juice the the wick and let fluid burn off.
    reinsert the wick down the coil carefully twisting back and forth.

enjoy

when it cruds up pull the wick out dry burn the coil till it cleans its self.
    light the wick until the juice burns off.
    insert wick through the coil and your away again, till next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14191

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I see ESI have the AGA-T. I got beat on the VH Genesis do I assume this thing is just as bad? Looks like it anyway.....

Edit: Apparently the AGA is easier to set up than the VH. Think all those genesis types are probably pretty much the same though.

The AGA is much better than the VH Genesis. Better quality, bigger and nicer finish. I have a DID and I can't see much difference when both are working properly. The AGA has the added option of using cotton/mesh/fg similar to the RTA. The one small downside is that I had to replace the O-ring in order to line up the air hole with the wick. Great value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so got my aga-t this morning

havent tried it yet, still charging battery for the provari

small question though... i got some spare o-rings with it, i assume to help line the airhole up with the wick hole... but whatever o-ring i put on the airhole goes in the same position every time

it doesnt seem to make a difference whether i have the o-ring on it or not.. am I supposed to put two o-rings on?

--edit
    ah, right. two o-rings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Arrived back into the office to find mine waiting on my desk :)

Quite impressed with the build quaility for the price but I wont get to play with it until tonight

yeah it looks like a beautiful piece of kit

just occured to me I havent sat it on the provari yet to see what it looks like

looks like a very expensive and very shiny battery powered sex aid

this is definitely an "at-home" vape

im assuming it should be possible to attach the wire from the top coil to the top posts without making my wick look like a particularly bent banana?

3 coils done so far, so far with each one of them the wire going from the top coil to the top post has glowed bright red and snapped very quickly

i can see this being very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

im assuming it should be possible to attach the wire from the top coil to the top posts without making my wick look like a particularly bent banana?

3 coils done so far, so far with each one of them the wire going from the top coil to the top post has glowed bright red and snapped very quickly

i can see this being very frustrating

Try the drillbit method, or looping back the wire between the top post and the top of the wick. Both worked for me, but i did have to push the wick towards the top post in both cases.

ill give it another shot later in the afternoon

have to go play with the dog at mams house for a few hours to keep him company so taking the bulli with me

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534100_4382921144450_335498371_n.jpg

happy happy fun time

Highly recommend you try the double wire wrap method that I posted the photo of earlier (once you are finished with the dog)...I'm kinda pissed I hadn't tried it before, 1000x less prep time and ongoing wick twisting.

ill give it a shot alright, back home now and once the mind numbing pain in my shins has gone away i'll crack open the aga-t again

right i didnt try twisting the wires yet but I did get a working coil

its pretty damn good.. little bit of a hot spot if i hold the fire button down for a few seconds.. think it's more to do with the wick than the coil. vaping wingnuts pink tiger, very happy with the flavour of it

the draw is a bit tight but its not a deal breaker and im sure I'll get used to it.. once i've vaped this 3ml i'll either try a new coil or else keep this one going and see if it improves with use

this is really wrecking my tits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mangled tits. Bad for the brain. Have you twisted the wire?

The SS mesh side is the side with two screws, I've found the silica/cotton wick side (with the post) to have a never-ending unforgiving hotspot on the negative leg that even the twisted wire wouldn't fix if you use SS with it.
    Maybe... Double twisted wire?

Might get some NR wire to SS-ify that hole.

To frustrate yourself more, watch a video of Zen recoiling. Takes him a minute and a couple of wire-pokes and he's done. Pig.

• Advertisement

hrm.. the hole on "the silica side" of mine is bigger than the hole on the mesh side, so i've been using that for the mesh.. ill try the other side, see if i have better luck

--edit

wait a minute, nevermind
    ive already been using the SS mesh side

**** it so

--edit

this is what I get for cheating on my bulli
    it's in the desk drawer and that's where it's staying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I fancy a challenge, ordering one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

out of stock ESI! *shakes head sadly*

dug it out of the drawer
    tried six coils
    every single one, same spot, same hotspot, wire snaps

tried .15 kanthal and .20 nichrome, i dont have a drill to twist wires together and i gave up 10 minutes into doing it by hand

someone come to carlow and set this up for me

dug it out of the drawer
    tried six coils
    every single one, same spot, same hotspot, wire snaps

tried .15 kanthal and .20 nichrome, i dont have a drill to twist wires together and i gave up 10 minutes into doing it by hand

someone come to carlow and set this up for me

Here's what I do...might not work for you but worth a shot. After oxidising and burning liquid off wrap your wire around the coil...I usually do 5, sometimes 6 wraps of .2 Nicrome. Insert coil and wrap bottom wire around screw, pull hard and secure to opposite end of base with thumb. Tighten screw. Holding top of wick with thumb use other hand to pull wire tight and wrap around positive post and tighten screw. Make sure all sides of wire are touching the coil and you can't see between wire and coil. Trim wire ends. Attach to battery and using lowest voltage give a few short burst to check for hotspots. If any found wiggle wires up or down to find an oxidised spot. If this works drip some juice on the coil and give a few pulses, repeat once or twice to build up some oxidisation and strengthen wire. Attach top cap (you need to replace the O-ring with one at least twice as thick in order to line up the air holes). Hopefully vape like the Hamlet cigar man.

Heh heh......they really are a bear!

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Here's what I do...might not work for you but worth a shot. After oxidising and burning liquid off wrap your wire around the coil...I usually do 5, sometimes 6 wraps of .2 Nicrome. Insert coil and wrap bottom wire around screw, pull hard and secure to opposite end of base with thumb. Tighten screw. Holding top of wick with thumb use other hand to pull wire tight and wrap around positive post and tighten screw. Make sure all sides of wire are touching the coil and you can't see between wire and coil. Trim wire ends. Attach to battery and using lowest voltage give a few short burst to check for hotspots. If any found wiggle wires up or down to find an oxidised spot. If this works drip some juice on the coil and give a few pulses, repeat once or twice to build up some oxidisation and strengthen wire. Attach top cap (you need to replace the O-ring with one at least twice as thick in order to line up the air holes). Hopefully vape like the Hamlet cigar man.

the coils themselves dont appear to be the issue

it's the length of wire between where the wire leaves the wick at the top coil and meets the centre post
    every coil I make that just glows instant red no matter the voltage.

right there where the arrow is in the attached pic

course that scottish bastard gets it working fine

ecigs make me so angry

If when you're ready to attach the top coil pull on the wire so that the wick bends towards the centre post. Shortening the distance will decrease the chance of a hot spot there. Don't let them touch, though

You really should find a drill bit. It does work better. Try an Allen key either if you can't find a drill bit.

• Advertisement

Bubba9 wrote: »
    If when you're ready to attach the top coil pull on the wire so that the wick bends towards the centre post. Shortening the distance will decrease the chance of a hot spot there. Don't let them touch, though

i did. didnt make a difference
    its like the current is just travelling all the way through the wick and then exiting through that wire. but i tested the wick with a meter and it's non conductive

Advertisement