26-08-2011, 08:48   #1
BMD

Touching Up Dings on MDF Veneer (Primed White) Doors

Hi,

I recently bought some engineered doors for a new build. I'm not entirely satisfied with them as I only realize now that the veneer is MDF. During the hanging of the doors a few of them have got slight dings/scrapes revealing the MDF underneath the paint.

I want to know how I can touch these up. I will be putting a final coat of white paint on the doors but want to address the dings before doing this. Is there some type of filler I can put on MDF and then sand down?
Advertisement
26-08-2011, 11:32   #2
galwaydude18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
Hi,

I recently bought some engineered doors for a new build. I'm not entirely satisfied with them as I only realize now that the veneer is MDF. During the hanging of the doors a few of them have got slight dings/scrapes revealing the MDF underneath the paint.

I want to know how I can touch these up. I will be putting a final coat of white paint on the doors but want to address the dings before doing this. Is there some type of filler I can put on MDF and then sand down?

I would use isoprol filler. It comes in two parts the filler and a hardener. You mix a golf ball size of filler to a pea size if hardener and mix it thoroughly. You need to apply it quickly as it starts to harden within a few minutes. Once it has hardened on the doors sand it off and your ready to paint
27-08-2011, 20:12   #3
cardwizzard

Yeah a pack filler is probably the bst, isopon tc, If not try a brand called Tourpret. Pretty good stuff. Also as the saying goes, always reprime the preprime. That stuff is useless.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion