30-04-2010, 19:38   #1

How much would I get .........

if I was to trade my PS3 in to somewhere like gamestop (or any of those places) Since Ive started playing mw2 ive had nothing but problems with it

Like if I was to trade it in against a new one

Mine is a 40g fat
Advertisement
02-05-2010, 11:19   #2
jmx009

If i were u, i would try selling it first on the internet. I have heard that there is a huge demand for the old fat models.

Try posting an Ad in adverts.ie or gumtree.ie
They are free sites. Infact adverts.ie is a sister site of boards.ie

Honestly, i think u will get more money or a better deal if you sell it directly to a person rather than gamestop and internet is the best place to do so.

I saw an old phat 60 GB ps3 for sale at cashconverters in thomas street in dublin yesterday for 250 euros.
02-05-2010, 11:24   #3
Grumpypants

What problems is there with it ? Are you sure its not just MW2 which has tons of problems or is it the console?

It will cost you around 100-150 to trade upto a slim. Seems like a waste of money to be honest.
02-05-2010, 15:29   #4
NotorietyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy_bear View Post
if I was to trade my PS3 in to somewhere like gamestop (or any of those places) Since Ive started playing mw2 ive had nothing but problems with it

Like if I was to trade it in against a new one

Mine is a 40g fat
You'd get €155 for it in Game anyway if you're trading it against another console, €135 cash. They gave me a leaflet when I bought my slim PS3 a month or so back with all their trade prices.
02-05-2010, 21:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmx009 View Post
If i were u, i would try selling it first on the internet. I have heard that there is a huge demand for the old fat models.

Try posting an Ad in adverts.ie or gumtree.ie
They are free sites. Infact adverts.ie is a sister site of boards.ie

Honestly, i think u will get more money or a better deal if you sell it directly to a person rather than gamestop and internet is the best place to do so.

I saw an old phat 60 GB ps3 for sale at cashconverters in thomas street in dublin yesterday for 250 euros.
you see I don't want to sell it to someone incase it goes tits up like . The PS3 defo is not working correctly sometimes but only when I'm playing MW2 . It works perfect with any other game . I just wouldnt feel right selling it to someone , and it would probably be a young lad saving up for ages to buy it . I put a new blue-ray into it about 2 months ago
Advertisement
02-05-2010, 21:41   #6
Nuri Sahin
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
I was told last month I'd get 170 euros from both Xtra Game and GAME.
02-05-2010, 21:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpypants View Post
What problems is there with it ? Are you sure its not just MW2 which has tons of problems or is it the console?

It will cost you around 100-150 to trade upto a slim. Seems like a waste of money to be honest.
Sometimes the sound doesnt work ............like you won't hear your mates dying around you in MW2 , won't hear certain things during the game . The game itself is in bad shape but I just don't trust the PS3
02-05-2010, 21:43   #8

I have a 60Gb Phat model with backwards compatibility, card reader etc in mint condition. Its 2.5 years old.

Any idea how much its worth ? not including games accessories etc.
Thanks from:
02-05-2010, 21:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnan Alves View Post
I was told last month I'd get 170 euros from both Xtra Game and GAME.
by people in there
Advertisement
03-05-2010, 19:12   #10
Grumpypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy_bear View Post
Sometimes the sound doesnt work ............like you won't hear your mates dying around you in MW2 , won't hear certain things during the game . The game itself is in bad shape but I just don't trust the PS3

If it only happens with 1 game then its that game not the console. Take your game to a mates house see if it does the same things
03-05-2010, 21:51   #11
TheTosh

It sounds like the game more so the console but my mate has one of those models and it stopped playing Fifa but he can still play Arkham Asylum

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion