Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭stephenrd

Hi all

I'm looking for an instructor in Knocklyon or surrounding area for a few pre test lessons for the Tallaght test centre.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ann007

Was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good instructor in the Inchicore/Ballyfermot area <SNIP>

I have had lessons before from a well known driving school but instructor was very unprofessional and didn't learn anything in 8 lessons except how to go and stop!!!! So would be greatfull for any recommendations on someone that is actually good at learning you how to drive and improve skills

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Ann007 wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good instructor in the Inchicore/Ballyfermot area <SNIP>

I have had lessons before from a well known driving school but instructor was very unprofessional and didn't learn anything in 8 lessons except how to go and stop!!!! So would be greatfull for any recommendations on someone that is actually good at learning you how to drive and improve skills

I don't think your supposed to mention specific driving schools or instructors in this thread, so i'll pm you details of the instructor I used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Oscar Mike

Hi, joined because of this forum! Looking for an instructor in the Rathcoole or surrounding areas.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ciakee

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone might be able to PM me details of a really good instructor in the south side (Ranelagh - ish preferably). I am a major beginner - i.e. I don't have a clue of the very basics so preferably someone who is patient and will be able to deal with a very nervous lady please!

Thanks in advance!smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hi I'm a beginner and im looking for lessons in the Galway City area.

If anyone might be able to PM me details of a good and very patient instructor that would be great! :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 foxinabox

Looking for an instructor recommendations for the rathgar route. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 korvin

Hi,
    I have my driving test in two weeks in Wicklow town.
    Could anyone please recommend a good driving instructor in that area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zach84

greyc wrote: »
    My instructor used to be a Driving Tester and I found him really good, very patient & explained everything in detail. As far as I know he covers most of the Dublin centres plus Naas. He's also ADI approved. Just PM me if you want his no.

hi how r u? Could please send me ur instructor name and number as am badly lookin for one thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Hi,
    If anyone could recommend a driving instructor who teaches in the Dublin 12 area, I'd be grateful! I took a couple of lessons a while ago but I want to start back again, so I'm looking for a nice, patient instructor who explains everything really well etc! :) Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

korvin wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have my driving test in two weeks in Wicklow town.
    Could anyone please recommend a good driving instructor in that area?

Just sent you a PM regarding who I used, and was very happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭maskabun

Hi,

Could any one please recommend good driving instructor in dublin 3 area. I am a very beginner and don't know the ABC of car.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Telufel

Looking for a driving instructor in the Santry/Whitehall area
    Anyone know of anyone good could they send me a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 albertonman

Anyone know of a good driving instructor in north county dublin area, I have a test coming up the 25 Feb.

If anyone can please send me a private message.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seandel

Hi there,

Looking for someone in Tallaght... test next week just need a few tips and a bit of reassurance from a decent instructor. PM's appreciated!

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 aka_breeno

Could anyone recommend a good driving instructer in the Dunleer area? Drogheda even would be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iwannadrive

Hi
    if you could recommend any one. Looking for a instructor in Cork city and maybe Mallow depending on where I apply for the test .Currently looking at <SNIP>. Thanks Hope you can help
    Gone to a few lessons now with different people so need to find someone whos nice and can help me pass a test hopefully 1st time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sirrus

Hi I'm a complete beginner looking for an instructor that is very patient in the Dun Laoghaire area.

I don't have my own car either.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

Hi, anyone got a recommendation for the city centre/IFSC area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

Im living in the Dublin 5 area on the northside. Looking for a driving instructor who covers this area, preferably in the 30 euro region. If anyone can recommend someone please PM me, very grateful for your suggestions.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 andresmalo

hi there lads :)

Im looking for a good driving instructor for a pre-test around Tallaght. Can you be so kind to PM me the details?

Thanks very much indeed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm looking for a good instructor in Finglas and surrounds.

I'm unemployed, so can't afford to pay too much.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Anyone have any good, and preferably not too pricey, instructor recommendations for lessons and pre-tests around Tallaght? Test being done in Churchtown though, so knowledge of Churchtown route is a must.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Samgotti

Hi am complete beginner and a bit nervous looking for driving instructor in cork city area

• Registered Users Posts: 24 adrndmond

Hi, looking for a recommendation for a driving instructor in the Galway City area.

I'm more or less a beginner, and don't have access to any car for practice.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Hi all,

I'm looking for an instructor in the Tallaght area, preferably not too pricey as I a student! Any help much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Can anyone recommend a good instructor or driving school that covers Maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Hi guys

Looking for a good instructor in or around the Rathfarnham area - I have my own car.

Any recommendations by PM are really appreciated! :)

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭msshono

Hi there

Also looking for Driving Instructor in Nutgrove/Rathfarnham area.

Took lessons about 10years ago but never persued it, tried to pick it up again about a year ago but the first lesson put me off the instructor - so have some knowledge but really need to be treated like a beginner again and need some serious confidence building.

Looking for an instructor also with a medium-sized car as the car I will be driving is an Opel Vectra...instructor I went to over 1 year ago told me that was too big a car for me to be driving and as a result I didnt continue with those lessons either! Also small cars (micras etc) I found a bit claustrophobic given Im used to travelling in a bigger car.

Any recommedations would really be appreciated, please PM me with any suggestions.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'm looking for a good instructor in North Dublin (who covers Raheny area). I have my own car but still a good bit off from being able to take the test.

The last instructor I had was quite average, so looking for someone who really knows what he is doing.

davej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

I'm looking for a good instructor in North Dublin (Finglas).

Have my own car but starting to get bad habits so want to get lessons apply for test and get it all over with over the next few months once and for all :)

Girl pref

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Striker10

Looking for a good driving instructor recommendations for lessons and pre-tests around Tallaght. PM me please

Thanks very much indeed,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Hi

Im looking for an instructor in the D15 area. Some people recommended a guy called Tony in some old threads. If anyone has his contact details please PM them on. Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

hmm, not sure how well this thread is working - got no recommendations yet :(

davej
    davej wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good instructor in North Dublin (who covers Raheny area). I have my own car but still a good bit off from being able to take the test.

The last instructor I had was quite average, so looking for someone who really knows what he is doing.

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

Looking to track down a specific instructor I had last year who was very good. He was in tallaght/temmpleouge area. Short black hair, well built muscular guy early/mid thirties. Routinely had me look at my mirrors when aproaching any junction. Think his name might have been Kevin or Dave but I really can't remember. I originally found him through Boards but can't find that thread anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 2010

squidgey wrote: »
    Looking to track down a specific instructor I had last year who was very good. He was in tallaght/temmpleouge area. Short black hair, well built muscular guy early/mid thirties. Routinely had me look at my mirrors when aproaching any junction. Think his name might have been Kevin or Dave but I really can't remember. I originally found him through Boards but can't find that thread anymore.

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looking to buy some time for my wife who has a little expierence. Sandyford/Dundrum area. Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mexcioqueen

Hi there
    Looking for a very good driving instructor in the d15 area/blanchardstown
    Please help and pm me:)
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

Hi Guys,

Well Im 28 years old and have finally decided to get off my ass and learn how to drive.

Im looking for an instructor in the terenure or surrounding area. Ive gone onto the RSA website and there is a rake of instructors there.

Can anyone recommend an instructor or school to me. Ive a feeling Im prob gonna be a very nervous driver (like everone else im sure :) ) so a nice calming person would be good. Doesnt matter if its a guy or girl. Preferably not a hot guy instructor though.... Dont want to embarass myself by losing concentration!! :rolleyes:

<snip>
    Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 dx1200

anyojne suiggest a good instructor in north dublin? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 goblininsane

Hi,

Just failed my driving test in the churchtown area. Am looking for a new driving instructor (not <SNIP>) anyone got any reccomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Any recommendations for South Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) appreciated, Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi guys,

I'm not looking to get lessons just yet but wondering has anyone any recommendations for South Dublin? Around Blackrock / Stillorgan / DunLaoighaire would be perfect.

Also how much should I expect to pay for a decent instructor? Does it usually go by x euro per hour? Do prices vary/increase during evenings and on weekends compared to during the daytime?

Sorry I'm a bit unexperienced when it comes to stuff like this. :p

A PM would be greatly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

Hello everyone.

I passed my theory test last week and have my eye test on Wednesday. Then I'll be sending off for my provisional licence. Then I will fnally learn to drive at the age of 29.

Has anyone got any recommendations of instructors in Crumlin (Dublin 12)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Hello everyone.

I passed my theory test last week and have my eye test on Wednesday. Then I'll be sending off for my provisional licence. Then I will fnally learn to drive at the age of 29.

i'll find out for you if the guy who did my lessons is still doing it.

he was amazing, i was 18 and passed the first time,
    my test was at about 8am and he even took me out for a pre test before it! and he waited then till i finished the questions part.

it was unbelievable how helpful he was and i know a fair few people that he tought and they all passed first time, even one person was extremely nervous even starting the car!!!

he was really relaxed and knew exactly how to explain the problems,
    i couldnt believe how good he was, i wasnt a nervous driver but had problems with turning my head to look at the mirrors.. like showing them im lookin and not just moving my eyes..

it was about 4 years ago though and he was pretty close to retirement,
    but i will pm you if hes still going. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

hockeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Well Im 28 years old and have finally decided to get off my ass and learn how to drive.

Im looking for an instructor in the terenure or surrounding area. Ive gone onto the RSA website and there is a rake of instructors there.

Can anyone recommend an instructor or school to me. Ive a feeling Im prob gonna be a very nervous driver (like everone else im sure :) ) so a nice calming person would be good. Doesnt matter if its a guy or girl. Preferably not a hot guy instructor though.... Dont want to embarass myself by losing concentration!! :rolleyes:

<snip>
    Thanks for the help!

haha!! thats so true, but its an excuse for needing more lessons! :D

i was in a lesson with this male instructor (first and last lesson, then i got my new instructor, read post above)

the guy was more interested in talking about himself and then was asking if i was single!! i didnt learn a thing about driving in that hour!

but he started taking about mensware, and how he liked to look good..
    and i happened to mention that ive only known 2 guys that can wear pink and look good in it...

low and behold i looked across and he was wearing a pink tee-shirt...
    (under a cardigan so i didnt notice it at first)

to make it worse i mentioned who the two guys were, so i couldnt pretend that he was one of them.. oops :D

(oh and the pink didnt suite him either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 glee123

any recommendations for cork city driving instructor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

Hello everyone.

like myself 28 and got my provsional in the post there yesterday - posted it to them on friday.... 4 day wait s pretty good ... ooo and have my first lesson booked for this saturday cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 farfromthegrave

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor in Blanchardstown area? Please pm with details, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement