Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodturning blanks in waterford

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all, I am looking to source some wood turning blanks in Waterford. im not turning very long and i need some blanks to practice with but i cant seem to find any.
    If anybody who has some hardwood offcuts or pieces they are not using should reply I would be forever grateful! Green timber also needed. freshly cut trees etc...

thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RPJG

For the blanks try donedeal.ie and search under the usual woodwork/wood/lathe headings, you could be searching a while. There are blanks on ebay.ie but they seem to be located in the uk, posting over would cost a lot i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I've ordered some wood from the UK and shipping was £20

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dody

Theres a woodturner in carlow called Glenn Lucas and he will sell you some blanks for turning bowls. He sells them roughed out and dried which saves a bit of time. He also might have some seconds . www.glennlucas.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭keith gallagher

See if you can get in contact with local arborists and tree surgeons. They may have a few pieces lying around from jobs they have completed. I've just scored a load of small to medium sized branches of yew from a tree surgeon close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 charliejess

jodysutts wrote: »
    Hi all, I am looking to source some wood turning blanks in Waterford. im not turning very long and i need some blanks to practice with but i cant seem to find any.
    If anybody who has some hardwood offcuts or pieces they are not using should reply I would be forever grateful! Green timber also needed. freshly cut trees etc...

thank you in advance!
    if you are still looking for blanks try ed on 0872579971 he is based in wicklow and has all sorts big and small lots blanks of different types of wood for turning

• Advertisement
Advertisement