Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test info

Options
  • 04-05-2021 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

From RSA.IE
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    Driving test update

Following the decision of government, we can still only offer appointments to essential workers. However, the government agreed to the gradual reopening of the driver testing service to non essential workers. This will be the subject of discussions between the Department of Transport and the RSA in the coming week. It is planned to issue invitations to these customers later in May. We expect that this will be based on those who are eligible to take the test and have been waiting longest. We do not have further information at this time, and we would ask customers not to contact us.

Please note that our customer service agents cannot book or cancel driving tests over the phone or offer any updates on waiting times, so we kindly ask that you do not telephone our call centre for this information.

Test appointments are solely by invitation

Test appointments are by invitation only so if you’re already on the driving test waiting list, no further action is needed. We’ll contact you directly when slots become available.

If you have received an invitation to book a test, need to cancel a test, or wish to join the waiting list, please go ahead and sign in to MyRoadSafety now.

Urgent tests for essential workers only

Under current restrictions, we can only offer tests to essential workers. If you’re an essential worker who has already applied for a test and completed all your driver training please fill in this form and we’ll prioritise your application.

If you’re not an essential worker and have an upcoming appointment scheduled, please cancel your test. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your fee and you will be kept on the waiting list. Know more

Essential Driver Training
    The government has confirmed that Essential Driver Training (EDT) sessions will recommence for essential workers from 10 May. (Non-essential workers may not take EDT sessions while level 5 restrictions remain in place). The full details on the recommencement of EDT sessions by essential workers is currently being worked on and will be communicated to Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) shortly.

EDT Online Portal
    The RSA will reopen its EDT Online Portal, on 10 May. Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) will be able to upload EDT sessions completed by essential workers from the 10 May onwards.

Initial Basic Training for Motorcyclists
    Initial Basic Training (IBT), the programme of mandatory lessons that all learner motorcyclists must complete with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) before sitting a driving test, can resume from 10 May. The RSA continues to deliver motorcycle testing.

Covid-19 safety measures

We have introduced new safety measures to the driving test which candidates must follow. Know more

Go to the link for clickable links/more info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 haypennydenver

"Urgent tests for essential workers only

Under current restrictions, we can only offer tests to essential workers. If you’re an essential worker who has already applied for a test and completed all your driver training please fill in this form and we’ll prioritise your application.

If you’re not an essential worker and have an upcoming appointment scheduled, please cancel your test. Don’t worry, you won’t lose your fee and you will be kept on the waiting list. Know more

The government has confirmed that Essential Driver Training (EDT) sessions will recommence for essential workers from 10 May. (Non-essential workers may not take EDT sessions while level 5 restrictions remain in place). The full details on the recommencement of EDT sessions by essential workers is currently being worked on and will be communicated to Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) shortly.

EDT Online Portal
    The RSA will reopen its EDT Online Portal, on 10 May. Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) will be able to upload EDT sessions completed by essential workers from the 10 May onwards."

OK so regarding the above, I went through this is another post explaining the situation

When can ADI's put EDT hours from previous lessons up on the portal. Is it like right away?? I was an essential worker during these and still remain so

I've changed job since but it still satisfies the essential worker criteria.

I will get in touch with my ADI's school in the meantime. They're dealing with a back log at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

"Urgent tests for essential workers only

EDT Online Portal
    The RSA will reopen its EDT Online Portal, on 10 May. Approved Driving Instructors (ADIs) will be able to upload EDT sessions completed by essential workers from the 10 May onwards."

OK so regarding the above, I went through this is another post explaining the situation

When can ADI's put EDT hours from previous lessons up on the portal. Is it like right away?? I was an essential worker during these and still remain so

I've changed job since but it still satisfies the essential worker criteria.

I will get in touch with my ADI's school in the meantime. They're dealing with a back log at the moment

Hi,

I have left the industry so have no inside knowledge or even up to date info but from above seems the MYEDT portal will open on 10th May and I can see no reason why your instructor can not upload all your completed EDT lessons in one batch

• Registered Users Posts: 18 haypennydenver

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,

I have left the industry so have no inside knowledge or even up to date info but from above seems the MYEDT portal will open on 10th May and I can see no reason why your instructor can not upload all your completed EDT lessons in one batch

Basically was their final words. Load them up once portal reopens. So just hoping the ADI can and is able to get on with it once it reopens

Advertisement