Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTE MK7 audio upgrade

Options
  • 08-05-2021 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Golf GTE and the head unit has decided to die (tried hard reboot, checked wiring etc. but no luck). Seems to be a bit of a known issue on the MK7.

Anyway when life gives you lemons etc. I thought I might as well look at upgrading the unit. I've seen a few videos where owners updated from the standard head-unit to the newer MK 7.5 (I think 8inch unit) with Apple CarPlay etc.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a fitter that could source and fit something like this?

Cheers
    Deadwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Golf GTE and the head unit has decided to die (tried hard reboot, checked wiring etc. but no luck). Seems to be a bit of a known issue on the MK7.

Anyway when life gives you lemons etc. I thought I might as well look at upgrading the unit. I've seen a few videos where owners updated from the standard head-unit to the newer MK 7.5 (I think 8inch unit) with Apple CarPlay etc.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a fitter that could source and fit something like this?

Cheers
    Deadwards

2 guys knocking around social media....carplayinstaller and carplaysystems if you want to have a look at their pages/websites. I have seent hem do plenty of golf upgrades, no idea which guy is better than the other....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Thanks for that Buddy Bubs, I'll look into them

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Just to close this one out, I had the audio unit replaced with a Carplay one yesterday by Carplay Systems. All good. Thanks again for the suggestion

Advertisement