Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones for Hard of Hearing

Options
  • 16-11-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have any information on phones which are designed for those with hard of hearing i.e. amplified phones or phones compatible with hearing aids. need to outfit my grandmothers house with a couple in an attempt to get her back on her feet following my grandfathers death. if anyone has any links to companies supplying these it would be excellent.

Cheers.

Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

My gran uses an amplified phone of some sort... will find out from my dad where the got it.

As far as I know they got it sent from the UK... BT might be your best bet.

I'll get back to ya!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You could try Eircom 1901
    they say most of their phones already have induction coupling for hearing aids on the T-Position

cf. Phone book page 13
    Amplifier phones:
    eircom offers phones which allow you to increase the volume of incoming speach.

you can also get ringers on extensions - not a phone, but rings loudly if plugged into an extension - you could try a speaker phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    You could try Eircom 1901 they say most of their phones already have induction coupling for hearing aids on the T-Position
    Is this the same as the Loop system - if I have it right it sends a radio message direct from device to hearing aid?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

AFAIK
    It would be induction rather than RF - changing magnetic field - a bit like a transformer - one coil is in the phone and the other is in the hearing aid..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thanks lads and ladies. will get onto them post with. the ringer isnt the actual problem (well it is but not the main one) just making it so she's able to answer the phone and talk is.

will try eircom and the national council for the deaf posthaste.

• Advertisement
Advertisement