Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chair lifts and preservation orders?

Options
  • 18-09-2003 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone else ever had difficulties with this?

when my grandfather went to get one installed he had terrible problems due to the house being a listed building. although the listed parts were the ceilings, walls and bannisters, the chair lift touched none of this, being incorporated into the floor boards (which had been replaced Umpteen times). however due to the current laws he had to go four months without it while planning went in, then apparently the planning sign wasnt prominently displayed, then it wasnt large enough etc.

Has anyone else ever had situations like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm, this looks like one of those cases where the planners should have said the work was exempt from planning permission (but I can understand if it is close to the stairs) and / or prioritised.

Where are you in the process now? (I'm a surveyor BTW).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Oh, its long done. been done for bout....2 years i'd say. just thought it was a disgraceful situation at the time (and the solicitor who was hired in an attempt to speed things up as much as possible was an ass of the utmost order). but its disgraceful when certain laws are so ill-defined as to cause problems like that.

Advertisement