Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which phone - €200 budget

Options
  • 27-05-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

I’m mostly looking up Argos, Tesco and local stores to get a decent phone for around €200, any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Omega28 wrote: »
    I’m mostly looking up Argos, Tesco and local stores to get a decent phone for around €200, any suggestions?

Thanks

Could get the Samsung M20 from Amazon? Or if you don't mind other Chinese brands there's plenty other options.

pixel 3a from adverts if you value a great camera

https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_pixel+3a/price_100-250/

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Nokia 5.3 - just coming on the market. Currently €209 on Amazon.de

4Gb/64 Gb, 6.5 inch screen, Android One.

Might be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

DopeTech wrote: »
    Could get the Samsung M20 from Amazon? Or if you don't mind other Chinese brands there's plenty other options.

Agree 100% , Samsung Galaxy M20 a great phone (4GB Ram version) and you will get one for less than €200 new on Donedeal / Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6GB 64GB today from Banggood for €209. Worked out at about €240 after I picked up a few screen protectors and a case for it.

I think the 128GB is only ~€245 but I had a 64GB SD card so should be fine.

Had the Pocofone f1 before this and couldn't fault it but I busted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I have the redmi note 7 128gb since last August. It's fantastic. It's now an old model so don't know if you'll find one but my next phone could well be an updated version.

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-Warranty/dp/B07QK32C8M

Brozy wrote: »
    I ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro 6GB 64GB today from Banggood for €209. Worked out at about €240 after I picked up a few screen protectors and a case for it.

I think the 128GB is only ~€245 but I had a 64GB SD card so should be fine.

Had the Pocofone f1 before this and couldn't fault it but I busted it.

Got the phone today, 1 week after ordering. Third time ordering from Banggood and can't fault them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Poulgorm wrote: »
    Nokia 5.3 - just coming on the market. Currently €209 on Amazon.de

4Gb/64 Gb, 6.5 inch screen, Android One.

Might be worth it.

Nokia 6.2 and 7.2 look slightly better for similar money (the 7.2 has a better camera seems to be the difference).

I've had the 6.1 for nearly 2 years and have been really happy with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Following on from this as I have a similar request to the OP. I'm looking for a replacement to my Samsung J5 whose screen is on the way out. Currently pre pay with three and was looking at the Huwawi P30 lite. But is there any other suggestions for a phone with a semi decent camera and semi decent internal memory (my current one is always running dangerously low on space and I cannot update apps) for about €200?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Following on from this as I have a similar request to the OP. I'm looking for a replacement to my Samsung J5 whose screen is on the way out. Currently pre pay with three and was looking at the Huwawi P30 lite. But is there any other suggestions for a phone with a semi decent camera and semi decent internal memory (my current one is always running dangerously low on space and I cannot update apps) for about €200?

Thanks

I've only had the Redmi Note Pro 9 a few hours but it seems like great value for money. Feels like an improvement on the Pocophone F1 which I thought was great.

It comes with a case and a screen protector on it so you don't need to order them straight away depending on your preference. So for €220 all in with postal insurance and delivery in a week I'd recommend it. It's gone back up in price but if you keep an eye on it or sign up for their emails, it'll come back down again soon.

Definitely a Pixel 3A over the Chinese stuff if it can be got in good nick for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Romero

Got the phone today, 1 week after ordering. Third time ordering from Banggood and can't fault them at all.

Did you get hit with a customs clearance bill on any of your orders? What shipping option did you choose?

Romero wrote: »
    Did you get hit with a customs clearance bill on any of your orders? What shipping option did you choose?

No, never got hit with any customs bill. They have an option to send it in unbranded packaging so that might help.

For the high priced items I chose EU priority line while for cheaper stuff I went with whatever is cheapest. There's not a huge difference between the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I've only had the Redmi Note Pro 9 a few hours but it seems like great value for money. Feels like an improvement on the Pocophone F1 which I thought was great.

It comes with a case and a screen protector on it so you don't need to order them straight away depending on your preference. So for €220 all in with postal insurance and delivery in a week I'd recommend it. It's gone back up in price but if you keep an eye on it or sign up for their emails, it'll come back down again soon.

Is that not a significant downgrade? Worse screen, worse camera, worse processor, less ram than the F1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pixel 3a back down to €130 if you move a Sim to prepay Vodafone. Phone is not network locked though.

I know the 4a is due to be released in a few days but this is still a bargain.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

DopeTech wrote: »
    Pixel 3a back down to €130 if you move a Sim to prepay Vodafone. Phone is not network locked though.

I know the 4a is due to be released in a few days but this is still a bargain.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html

That's a steal at that price. I got one before Xmas at 179.... awesome camera.

Advertisement