Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy A10 - 32 GB internal memory, would you recommend?

Options
  • 15-05-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering for anyone with a 32GB internal memory Samsung A10, with SD card slot available, what are people's thoughts on it? Is it a worthwhile purchase?
    I am upgrading from the Samsung J3, which I purchased 2 years ago with an 8gb internal memory.

A good choice of upgrade from the old phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I am me123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering for anyone with a 32GB internal memory Samsung A10, with SD card slot available, what are people's thoughts on it? Is it a worthwhile purchase?
    I am upgrading from the Samsung J3, which I purchased 2 years ago with an 8gb internal memory.

It's similar entry level Samsung. Nothing too special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure of your budget. This would be a better phone.
    Even if you missed out on the sports band part. Still a great deal for €129 when you switch number.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058076373/1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi all,

You could wait a month and get the new A11 or the A10 then but cheaper.

You could look at the M20 for €139 on Amazon Spain at the moment. Better spec in all areas including type-c usb. Micro-B is really behind the times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Davy wrote: »
    You could wait a month and get the new A11 or the A10 then but cheaper.

You could look at the M20 for €139 on Amazon Spain at the moment. Better spec in all areas including type-c usb. Micro-B is really behind the times now.

M20 would be a solid choice and from Amazon too. In the unlikely event you have any issues they have a great returns/refund policy better than any b&m store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thank you so much.

Another question;

I want to back up the text messages stored on my current phone to my new phone.

I have heard of the app, "SMS Backup & Restore", I would use this only I don't have enough memory on my current phone to download the app to do the transfer to new phone.

Can I save my texts to Google Drive just like my contacts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

I am me123 wrote:
    Thank you so much.

I am me123 wrote:
    Another question;

I am me123 wrote:

I am me123 wrote:
    I have heard of the app, "SMS Backup & Restore", I would use this only I don't have enough memory on my current phone to download the app to do the transfer to new phone.

I am me123 wrote:
    Thank you so much.

I am me123 wrote:
    Another question;

I am me123 wrote:

I am me123 wrote:

I am me123 wrote:

I am me123 wrote:

I am me123 wrote:
    Another question;

I am me123 wrote:
    Thank you so much.

Have you not got smart switch which does the complete backup?

Have you not got smart switch which does the complete backup?

I have on my new phone, but not on the phone I am transferring sms from.

Thank you so much.

Another question;

They should backup automatically. Just don't wipe the phone until you have restored the backup, that way if they aren't there you can still get them. You could try clearing the cache on some apps to get enough space for the app. It's not big.

Hi. I ordered a Nano SIM from Three via the Live Chat on their website on Sunday, 10th May last. Still have n't recieved it yet. Is there a delay with An Post or Three at the moment?

DopeTech wrote: »
    They should backup automatically. Just don't wipe the phone until you have restored the backup, that way if they aren't there you can still get them. You could try clearing the cache on some apps to get enough space for the app. It's not big.

Thanks. So will my texts be automatically backed up to my Google Drive?

• Advertisement

Thanks. So will my texts be automatically backed up to my Google Drive?

Yes, you can see your backups in he Google drive app menu. If there's none in there then you can create a backup

Thanks all.

I downloaded Samsung Smart Switch app for both my old phone and new phone and transferred over all of my data exactly as is from my old phone.

One question, when inserting new sim into phone, how is it positioned in the sim tray?

Anybody have a diagram of how it's supposed to look when properly inserted?

Thanks all.

I downloaded Samsung Smart Switch app for both my old phone and new phone and transferred over all of my data exactly as is from my old phone.

One question, when inserting new sim into phone, how is it positioned in the sim tray?

Anybody have a diagram of how it's supposed to look when properly inserted?

Did you go with the M20?

Is there an app similar to Touch Wiz home ( for Samsung A10) to reset home screen layout?
    Thank you.

Advertisement