Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mice

• 06-04-2020 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi we keep getting mice, we just can’t find their point of entry who could we get to check the house out??? We had some this time last year and we had a few in sept/October. We only have a small garden/yard and behind these are really old sheds unsure if they are coming in the back door but I think they are coming in some plumbing way most likely! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭Stigura

Impossible to make a valid judgement, without a hands on survey, I'm afraid. Though; Hell, yeah! Old sheds? From my experience, I'd say ye've likely nailed it. That sounds like the harbourage.

What to do next? Number one is NOT to call Rento, or any big names!

Trouble is; With the current situation, I'm seeing many of my old colleagues chewing their lips about call outs. Commensal rodents definitely represent a risk to human health. No two ways about that. But ....!

Tricky AAF, isn't it?

Interesting, now I think of it. I'm retired now. But, what if ye called me, and were local: Would I turn out, for mice? Christ! What a dilemma! I genuinely have no knee jerk answer to that :(

Frankly? I suspect I'd advise ye on self help measures. Remotely.

Good luck. (Did I just sound like Marko?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Do you have a suspended ground floor (void underneath)? If so, then they can enter under the floor usually through a waste pipe from outside. Look for entry points under the floor and then cover with concrete.

Did you get an extension built or did you get an old ground floor toilet removed? If so, then the builder may not have properly blocked off the old waste outlet (more common than you'd think), again, cover outlet with concrete.

Advertisement