Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

also, a freed bird makes me happy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

getting 3 bags of my favorite coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deja Boo wrote: »
    also, a freed bird makes me happy today.

I first read that as 'a friend's bird'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Cooked my child a gluten free pizza from scratch...
    she loved it....I will take best dad award this year for sure! :D
    Did pasta & chicken for myself...tasty...had a bottle of Argentinian Malbec.....sooooo. I might be feistier than normal tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I cooked perfect corn on the cob today

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I first read that as 'a friend's bird'!

well, I did sneak a quick pet of a neighbours dog yesterday :) ..he usually snarls at people, poor ickle pup must be feeling unloved from social distancing.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I cooked perfect corn on the cob today

Fair fcks Loveboat Captain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Deja Boo wrote: »
    well, I did sneak a quick pet of a neighbours dog yesterday :) ..he usually snarls at people, poor ickle pup must be feeling unloved from social distancing.

That kind if sneaking is to be encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Feeling unusually tense and anxious this afternoon, so I turned on the telly and found Irish Paint Magic is on TG4. I haven’t an artistic bone in my body and would go out of my way to avoid art galleries, but this is just the most soothing programme. I cannot explain why seeing a painting emerge from nothing makes me so TH, but TH I am.
    Joy of Painting with Bob Ross is on BBC4 tomorrow at 7. Very relaxing guy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Remembered over the weekend that I had a spare Windows Mobile phone I’d been meaning to try as a backup, and did, but found it was locked to my old provider. So I filled out their unlock form, expecting they would take forever to get back to me or that they would ignore or refuse the request. But no, they got straight back to me this morning with an unlock code that worked, no problems there at all.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Feeling unusually tense and anxious this afternoon, so I turned on the telly and found Irish Paint Magic is on TG4. I haven’t an artistic bone in my body and would go out of my way to avoid art galleries, but this is just the most soothing programme. I cannot explain why seeing a painting emerge from nothing makes me so TH, but TH I am.

Check out the paotrait/Lanscape artist of the year competionson Sky Arts. You'd love them. It's amazing how, as you say, the picture emerges from the blank canvas, and also how several people can paint the same sitter or view and still come up with very different paintings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Joy of Painting with Bob Ross is on BBC4 tomorrow at 7. Very relaxing guy as well.

Then it's Birdwatching with Sinead O'Conner.
    "I've seen 7 Owls and 15 Jays"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The Last of the Summer Wine. Old guys behaving like 12 years olds. I am halfway to be an old guy myself :)

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH brought me tea and toast in bed this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Antares35 wrote: »
    OH brought me tea and toast in bed this morning :)

TH is my OH wasn't in bed this morning. Great to start the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH Bacon sandwich, a funny book, cup of tea and a cuddly jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing I'm happy about is I'm no longer in school not due to cyber stuff(I had some of that) or peer pressure but when I went to school you did your book work and the odd thing and went home. Now it all seems so flappy and over the top and I'm not referring to the current situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

TH at playing hide and seek with my niece via video call today. Her "hiding" consisted of her putting the phone face down on the couch so my screen goes black. She didn't even hide, she just stood beside the phone laughing! When it was my turn to hide I tried the same thing as was scolded by her for cheating. The absolute cheek of her! :mad:.............Ok I loved it, made me laugh so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Did the charity 5k and didn’t die :D

Happy that Boards is up as much as it is, thankful for the hamsters that battle to keep it running, but hope they are all home and safe doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Got some easy reading detective books off my sister.
    Got to run up a few hills today, in the cold morning sun this morning, the pain in my quads, twas lovely.
    Simple things..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

When I pet my cat and it doesn't stir a whisker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to the day when the cinema will open again

TH (not really T) that my baby slept for a full five and a half hours in a row for the first time in last night. After almost passing out with the fright and checking he was alive/not kidnapped/abducted by aliens/eaten by the dog - there he was discovering his hands, cooing away with a big smile on his tiny face.

In the middle of a global emergency, today is a good day and I feel like I could climb Everest - twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Candie wrote: »
    TH (not really T) that my baby slept for a full five and a half hours in a row for the first time in last night. After almost passing out with the fright and checking he was alive/not kidnapped/abducted by aliens/eaten by the dog - there he was discovering his hands, cooing away with a big smile on his tiny face.

In the middle of a global emergency, today is a good day and I feel like I could climb Everest - twice!

If I could thank this twice Candie I would :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I put put my solar lights in the garden today.
    I take them inside for winter to keep them from getting wet or frosty.
    I cant wait until they charge up and see we hat they look like tonight :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

friends sending you funny videos :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    If I could thank this twice Candie I would :)

Well..
    If are able to vote for someone twice in the Purge ....I'm sure you could thank that twice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Made microwave popcorn and every kernel popped. Every single one of them. What a tremendous success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Connor McGregor lost his clothing brand legal case :)

Advertisement