Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

removing the door on a zanussi built in oven

• 20-06-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

I know that you can remove the door on a zanussi oven (its a zbf 260). However I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Any VERY SIMPLY explained steps on how to go about it would be grateful received. No doubt people are sniggering as they read this so any help for a diy dummy would be most helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Dont know much about oven doors :- But I do believe that they are designed to be take off by the customer... SO

1 If you can post a piucture I sure some can figure it out on the board

Or

2 Have you tried google I found this link its not your oven, but you never know it could be the same.

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=87214

Or

3 Contact Zanussi customer support they should be able to help

Do you have the oven manual ?

Garyh3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Hi Garyh3,
    I do have the instruction manual but theres no mention of it in there.

Funnily enough I found exactly the same instruction from googling it but it doesn't make much sense when you see the oven. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I'll try and post a photo...
    cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Just a word of warning:

I removed the door from our 'Belling' oven not too long ago to clean the glass between the glass and door..
    I presume they are all more or less the same. There are a few screws to be removed from around the sides and then it is free to come off.

Here is where is got tricky.... When the last screw was removed the door slammed open as the glass panel on the front was actually spring loaded against the metal frame. I was not aware of this and was very lucky that I did not break the door. It did bend the metal frame a small bit but I was able to sort that out fairly easily...

Just be careful bacause they are probably not too dissimilar...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ollydoyle

Espare.co.uk have lots of maintence videos

There should little tabs on the hinge tthat rotate. Thel be on the top. Flip them over. Then try close the door and it kinda fall out. Might need a little wiggle giggle.

Once its out. Maybe dont mees with the hinge, looks like it under tension.

Reverse the prceess to replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you go back in time 14 years and let the OP know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement