Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Newspaper Achive

Options
  • 21-07-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

After tracing my family tree using the 1901/1911 cenus i decided to use the irish newspaper achives to investigate more! But sadly this site won't work for me. I fill in the form to subscribe and it keeps telling me invalid laser card number. Anyone else have troubles with it! And does anyone here use it in tracing their family trees? I'm hoping to use it to find deaths and maybe births and marriage annoncements, and even scandal!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I haven't used the newspaper archive much - most people's ancestors didn't do newspaper announcements until the mid-20th century. If you have a read of the sticky at the top of the forum, you'll get some pointers on what to do after the census. You can ask specific questions too and we'll try to help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement