Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de returns

Options
  • 05-03-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I wish to return something to Amazon.de. I printed off the slips that they sent to me and brought the package to the post office. The lady told me that she needed an An Post return label as well. Anyone know where I might get this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

"Additional Instructions for mailing your parcel

Cut out the return label and stick it on the outside of the return package.Double check that your label is on a flat side of the parcel and covers any other visible address and bar code.Securely package the item to avoid damage during return--if possible, please use the original packaging. Please include the original packing slip and write the reason for your return on the packing slip.If the value of the items you’re returning is more than EUR 40.00, it's recommended that you use a trackable return method. Regardless of the shipment method you use, please keep your receipt as proof of posting.

Return Mailing Label

Cut this label and affix to the outside of the return package

Commercial Invoice

Affix this to the outside of your return package.

Commercial Invoice

Give this invoice to the carrier you select to ship your return package. The invoice is required for customs. The carrier will not be able to return your package to Amazon without it."

This is the information Amazon sent me, and was accompanied by 3 labels, none of which was an An Post label. Post lady said that I needed to go one step further on website but I can not find that step.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

"Additional Instructions for mailing your parcel

Cut out the return label and stick it on the outside of the return package.Double check that your label is on a flat side of the parcel and covers any other visible address and bar code.Securely package the item to avoid damage during return--if possible, please use the original packaging. Please include the original packing slip and write the reason for your return on the packing slip.If the value of the items you’re returning is more than EUR 40.00, it's recommended that you use a trackable return method. Regardless of the shipment method you use, please keep your receipt as proof of posting.

Return Mailing Label

Cut this label and affix to the outside of the return package

Commercial Invoice

Affix this to the outside of your return package.

Commercial Invoice

Give this invoice to the carrier you select to ship your return package. The invoice is required for customs. The carrier will not be able to return your package to Amazon without it."

This is the information Amazon sent me, and was accompanied by 3 labels, none of which was an An Post label. Post lady said that I needed to go one step further on website but I can not find that step.

Why dont you use Amazon chat or call them? Their customer service is good (it's pretty much the only good thing I can say about Amazon!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&ref_=hp_ss_v3_cu_t4&

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

I am going through a process of returning a karcher window vacuum. AS a return to amazon.de costs you money upfront (it will be refunded) But I decided to contact Karcher Ireland as it was cleaner and greener :) . They arranged a pickup from my house and it was checked in Dublin.

They have approved that it is a warranty item but now I'm stuck in Brexit land. All Karcher stock for Ireland routes / is dispatched through the uk. So I'm being told there are delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

km991148 wrote: »
    Why dont you use Amazon chat or call them? Their customer service is good (it's pretty much the only good thing I can say about Amazon!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&ref_=hp_ss_v3_cu_t4&

I took this route. I agree, great service. No waiting, friendly, helpful.

They suggested I return the item via the cheapest carrier and they would refund me the cost.

An Post asked for €40 so I decided to confirm this with Amazon as the item only cost €34. In the end they told me they would refund the value and for me to dispose the item.

• Advertisement
Advertisement