Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy spokes

Options
  • 05-03-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Myself and another lad are getting some custom wheels built but Cliff the wheelbuilder has told us that he doesnt have the stock of spokes needed so we need to source ourselves.
    He has advised on DT spokes that need tobe cut to several lenghts.
    Any one got any pointers on where to go.
    I am goining to drop a mail Custom Cut spokes in the UK and see what they say!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Sorry I don't know the answer as to where to buy the spokes,but you certainly have the right man for the job regarding the wheelbuilder,Cliff knows his stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bike24 and I think rose sell them individually. Chain reaction/wiggle sell them in packs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Importantly, the wheel builder needs to give you the exact specification, model, and length of each of the (usually 3 different) types of spokes that will be required. And the quantity of each required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yep I have all those.
    DT Swiss Aerolites and DT Swiss Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

humphries, maybe? as derek runs a distribution company too?

Advertisement