Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Home for Christmas Competition 2018

Options
  • 17-12-2018 6:44pm
    Company Representative Posts: 4 Verified rep

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Driving Home for Christmas Boards.ie Competition 17th – 21st December 2018[/font]
    468407.jpg

Liberty Insurance Ireland: Comment your favourite Christmas Song

WIN! We’re giving one lucky winner a chance to win a €100 MasterCard voucher from Liberty Insurance.  We're delighted to give members of Boards.ie a chance to win a €100 MasterCard voucher just in time for the Christmas holidays.

To Enter: All you have to do is simply reply to this thread telling us what Christmas song you will be singing in the car today and why it is your favourite song for Christmas.

Competition closes 12pm Friday 21st December 2018. Competition terms & conditions apply. http://bit.ly/BoardsCaroloke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I'll be singing "It Feels Like Christmas" by the Muppets, because it's from my epic beloved Christmas film - The Muppet Christmas Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

Jingle Bell Rock won't get out of my head lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer,the lyrics are so real and still very raw:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

"Fairytale of New York", because it's just a fantastic song. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

George Michael's "December Song (I Dreamed of Christmas)". For me, it's a callback to my youth, and feeling the magic of the holiday. Added nostalgia hit that poor aul George died Xmas day, so I'll always have this song in my head over the xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Oh hands down Fairytale of New York :) can't sing but still give it socks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

"White Christmas" by Frank Sinatra, brings back memories of me hearing this song while sitting by my parents fire while drinking a ice cold pint of Coke! Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

"So This is Christmas" by John Lennon.  Because who doesn't want world peace for Christmas! 
    In memory of the late great John Lennon whose anniversary was earlier this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I'll be singing 'driving home for Christmas' by Chris Rea because it's a feel good song that's easy to sing along to and it seems fitting for my journey home for Christmas each year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Little Drummer Boy /Peace on Earth by  Bowie and Crosby.
    It is timeless, and reminds me of my late Grandad who looked quite like Mr Crosby.
    And of course it's even more special now that Mr Bowie too has passed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Definitely Grandma got ran over by a reindeer classic

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

Actually it is Driving home for Christmas love it and it always seems to be on the radio when I’m on my way hone from work on break up day!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Jona Lewie stop the cavalry it always reminds me of my Christmases growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Little Drummer Boy (Peace on Earth) by  David Bowie and Bing Crosby.

it's the one xmas song that really gets to me......reminds me of my dad who's not with us anymore. Now I sing it with my daughter every time it comes on the radio.......with lots of pum pum pums.....

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

Fairytale of New York... it’s not Christmas till you hear this song playing somewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiwisinead

Bing Crosby - Do You Hear What I Hear  as my mum always sung it around me and my sister when we were young.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

“Driving Home for Christmas” - Chris Rea

Because the excitement of escaping the City to the countryside back home to family & friends for the festive period.

Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Fairytale of New York.  It's melancholy, but festive classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Let it snow - Dean martin

Always cheers me up whistling to this tune when I finish up for Christmas and know i don't have to get up the next day for work. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Has to be Driving Home For christmas, cant wait for christmas so I can sing it on daily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Driving Home for Christmas Boards.ie Competition 17th – 21st December 2018[/font]

Liberty Insurance Ireland: Comment your favourite Christmas Song

WIN! We’re giving one lucky winner a chance to win a €100 MasterCard voucher from Liberty Insurance. 

Competition closes 12pm Monday 21st December 2018. Competition terms & conditions apply. http://bit.ly/BoardsCaroloke

Hate to be that person but Monday is not the 21st...

Me I’ll be listening to Garth Brooks singing Belleau Wood. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

This is Christmas such a classic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey there liberty and all the staff.... Happy Christmas and a happy new year to you all.

I will be singing Shaking Stevens Merry Christmas Everybody......

Is it ok if I mumble some of it like I do with most songs and not the best at singing either... But will give at a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Not really a Christmas song, but the best ever Christmas #1 is Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)".  My favourite song about Christmas is Greg Lake's "I believe in Father Christmas". 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Emmaq92

Driving home for Christmas I used to sing it with my grandparents every year as it was my grandads favourite Christmas song. Its always gets me in the Christmas spirit and is an old time classic. 

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Fairy Tale of New York

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

"Little Drummer Boy" is my favorite song to sing along to,

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Rockin Around The Christmas Tree because it's lively and festive and fun and gets me in the mood for dancing and singing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

Last Christmas by Wham because it's my favourite Christmas song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

"Let it Snow", because, does it get any more Christmas'y than that?!

Advertisement