Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir home fibre broadband confusion

Options
  • 10-12-2018 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭

A week ago an Eir salesman called to my home advertising new home fibre broadband and landline is now available.

I signed up and was told an installation will happen within 5-7 working days.

We filled out all my details on his iPad.

He showed me a flyer document with all my offers highlighted and I assumed he had left me the documents but he didn't.

Since I signed I've heard nothing no email or called and I'm slightly worried about giving over all my details including bank details to a stranger and now one week later I've heard nothing.

Please advise me as I'm now thinking of just cancelling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Salesmen being salesmen
    If the order had been processed you should have received a text and email advising you of the order
    Chances are it's not even live in the area yet so the order cannot be processed or he entered the email and phone number wrong
    Check with customer care on 1901

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭RobiePAX

I agree with fritzelly.

This is the reason why I cut off door to door sales people, thank them and close the door. Because if something goes wrong, you can't find them.

As above mentioned call care team. They should be able to check your address and what's the situation with the order.

You could also try to use the eir online webchat. Though not sure if they have access to check orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

IrishHomer wrote: »
    A week ago an Eir salesman called to my home advertising new home fibre broadband and landline is now available.

I signed up and was told an installation will happen within 5-7 working days.

We filled out all my details on his iPad.

He showed me a flyer document with all my offers highlighted and I assumed he had left me the documents but he didn't.

Since I signed I've heard nothing no email or called and I'm slightly worried about giving over all my details including bank details to a stranger and now one week later I've heard nothing.

Please advise me as I'm now thinking of just cancelling
    Hi IrishHomer,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you could PM me the following details, I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Full name on the account
    2) Account number (if applicable)
    3) Confirm you are the account holder
    4) Full postal address
    5) Your DOB

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi IrishHomer,

If you could PM me the following details, I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

4) Full postal address
    5) Your DOB

~Kellie

Kellie,

S nding you a pm now. I've still heard nothing and it's now almost a month gone by so I'd now rather not go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Hi IrishHomer,

4) Full postal address
    5) Your DOB

~Kellie

Kellie,

S nding you a pm now. I've still heard nothing and it's now almost a month gone by so I'd now rather not go ahead.
    Hi IrishHomer,

I've just responded to your PM now.

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement