Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Account But Still Getting Billed

Options
  • 07-12-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

I cancelled my account at the end of October, paid my last bill in November but I just received an eir notification for December. 
    I'm with a new provider so I'm not sure why eir are billing me? 
    Could somebody please look into this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

You and me both my friend.  Cancelled my Eir service in October, returned their router and yet I am still getting billed, and they have unilaterally signed me up to a new 12 month contract even though I am now with another service provider.

What I did:
    1.  Posted a carbon copy of your post on here and was told there is an error in the Eir system and my cancellation request is "stuck"  Was told to contact 1901 and have been on hold with them for up to 40 minutes and then get cut off.  Tried this multiple times but no luck

2.  Tried Eir's webchat but you get through to a call centre in India and get bounced around and finally told to call 1901!!!!!!!

3.  Logged a complaint by email to Eir but no response.

So now I'm lodging a complaint with Comreg.

Eir is beyond farcical and their customer care is non existent.

Good luck getting away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Any chance of getting a response to my enquiry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I cancelled my account at the end of October, paid my last bill in November but I just received an eir notification for December. 
    Hi Phat Cat, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

We had this issue. We had to get Com Reg onto it in the end as they set debt collectors on us even though they owed us the money that they had taken after incorrectly billing us. Was a nightmare. Following year my hubby cancelled his mobile with them and same thing happened again. Can't believe its still happening to people! Would never go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Hi Phat Cat, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Phat Cat, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

PM sent
    Thanks. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Collie21

I contacted Eir in March to close an account for my mum(who has dementia and is in a nursing home).
    I was assured it would be closed however I was sent 2 other bills. Got back on to Eir who told me in July that to ignore the bills. I even got an email from them advising of cancellation been issued and account to close in 24 hrs.
    And that account backdated to April and charges from that date waived.
    But the bills kept coming...
    I have had to ring twice more until account closed following call in Oct and told there was a system error re company.
    Yet they bill us for the previous “system error” bills with a notice of further action letter.
    Can I get this resolved once and for all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Collie21 wrote: »
    I contacted Eir in March to close an account for my mum(who has dementia and is in a nursing home).
    I was assured it would be closed however I was sent 2 other bills. Got back on to Eir who told me in July that to ignore the bills. I even got an email from them advising of cancellation been issued and account to close in 24 hrs.
    And that account backdated to April and charges from that date waived.
    But the bills kept coming...
    I have had to ring twice more until account closed following call in Oct and told there was a system error re company.
    Yet they bill us for the previous “system error” bills with a notice of further action letter.
    Can I get this resolved once and for all?
    Hi Collie21,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please PM me your account details and I will look into this for you.

Thanks
    Kellie

Hi Kellie
    PM sent, can you confirm PM received.

Hi Collie21,

I have just replied to your PM there.

~Kellie

• Advertisement

Hi Kellie,

Any updates on this issue, please?

Hi Kellie,

Any updates on this issue, please?
    Hi Collie21,

I have just sent you a PM.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bren55_1

I am having similar issues. I have my account cancelled for a good few months now. Since September I think. I got a bill each month since with either 0.00 owed or a small amount returned. 

This month I get a bill for 123 euro for usage and rental. I dont even live at the address any more.

I will cancel the DD tomorrow but I want to get this sorted with Eir as well. 

Kellie I will email you account details if you could look into this for me it would be great.

Thanks

bren55_1 wrote: »
    I am having similar issues. I have my account cancelled for a good few months now. Since September I think. I got a bill each month since with either 0.00 owed or a small amount returned. 

This month I get a bill for 123 euro for usage and rental. I dont even live at the address any more.

Kellie I will email you account details if you could look into this for me it would be great.

Thanks
    Hi bren55_1,

I have just replied to your PM.

~Kellie

Hi Kellie,
    There is no pm from you just a copy of our original pm.
    Has my issue been sorted?

Thanks

Hi Kellie,
    There is no pm from you just a copy of our original pm.
    Has my issue been sorted?

Thanks
    Hi Collie21,

I'm sorry you didn't receive my Pm.

I'll send you another one now.

~Kellie

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I have just replied to your pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PDA27

Thanks
    I am in the same boat as others have mentioned on here. I cancelled back in Sep/Oct. Am still receiving bills by post and E Mail.
    I can E Mail account details etc.

Thanks.

PDA27 wrote: »

Thanks
    I am in the same boat as others have mentioned on here. I cancelled back in Sep/Oct. Am still receiving bills by post and E Mail.
    I can E Mail account details etc.

Thanks.
    Hi PDA27,

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

~Kellie

Advertisement