Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime package lost. Wait or get a refund?

Options
  • 14-11-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I bought a kindle last week and just saw this update on my tracking page. It's apparently lost: https://iili.io/FBGeIt.jpg

If I take the refund, and an post finally find the package, will it be sent back to amazon or will they actually deliver it to me?

The package is in Dublin now, and I'm in cork.

Basically I'm wondering if I can get the refund, and a free kindle when an post find it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Everything is delayed with An Post. especially Cork. The tracking will update if it is delivered. They probably won't tell you to keep a kindle, but to refuse delivery. An Post will probably be paying for everything that is delayed, so nothing is free - we'll all pay eventually through an increase in costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon's automation is being fooled by AP at the minute. Two packages yesterday, one AL and one AP. AP was severely delayed and triggered a lost email but then went out for delivery the night before and gave an Alexa pre-alert that it was en route.

Just wait a bit. AP say they're able to handle the 130% on peak 19 volumes but patently they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My son placed an order with Amazon a couple of weeks ago and got the same message saying it was lost. He got his refund and placed the same order a couple of days later. Yesterday 2 of the 3 original items ordered arrived in the post and the third item arrived today.

He contacted Amazon yesterday after the first 2 arrived and said he didnt mind keeping and paying for them. Low and behold they told him to hang on to them and there would be no charge. Total value of the items was £34

Fair dues to Amazon but Im not sure if they would stretch to a kindle though

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tend to be fairly chill over it. Years ago I ordered a 400€ smartwatch and it went AWOL, after a week they just sent another and said if two arrive return one. The original was eventually returned to sender on the tracking. No second charge to my card or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dar2054

How late was the package before you received the email. I've just had a Blink camera refunded without requesting it.
    I bought a kindle last week and just saw this update on my tracking page. It's apparently lost: https://iili.io/FBGeIt.jpg

If I take the refund, and an post finally find the package, will it be sent back to amazon or will they actually deliver it to me?

The package is in Dublin now, and I'm in cork.

Basically I'm wondering if I can get the refund, and a free kindle when an post find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I have a pair of smart bulbs in transit, last tracked leaving castle donnington 8 days ago.
    They refunded me today, not sure If I should try to purchase the same items again or wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

dar2054 wrote: »
    How late was the package before you received the email. I've just had a Blink camera refunded without requesting it.

It was stuck in limbo for like 10 days. The order details said "your package may be lost, please request a refund if it doesn't arrive by X date". So I requested the refund on X date.

Anyway the kindle arrived on Monday and I got the refund on Monday.

When I check the order details, it says "please return the Kindle when you receive it".

Advertisement