Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs Experts - Quick Question

Options
  • 12-11-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone,

I am listening to the clear customs programme from skillnet and I am totally baffled as to what is going on. It is definitely aimed at someone who knows their stuff alittle already and not someone as green as me!

Two little simple questions ?

Do I need to worry about all the paperwork mentioned If I use an agent / haulier for larger shipments ?

If I use a courier for a smaller items either sent to a customer or being bought in the UK ( more this scenario) - again will the courier look after all this paperwork mentioned ?

Thanks for your help and sorry if I am in the wrong section - I am totally baffled all morning by this stuff.

Thanks

Su

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You will need to supply the haulier with the required paperwork, even if they were to agree to provide a service, you'd still have to provide all the information and base documents for them to complete the import/export documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minisue

Thanks Jim, when you say documentation - is this just the invoice rather than the SAD forms or other documents from AIS that I would be required to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

minisue wrote: »
    Thanks Jim, when you say documentation - is this just the invoice rather than the SAD forms or other documents from AIS that I would be required to give.

You are the ultimate responsible person, so you will have to provide majority of the information to your agent but you are also responsible for the correct taric code and product origin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

gudede wrote: »
    You are the ultimate responsible person, so you will have to provide majority of the information to your agent but you are also responsible for the correct taric code and product origin.

In the end, you will probably save very little by getting someone else to do it for you.

Once you have gone through the process a few times it will be come familiar in any case.

Advertisement