Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung phone not picking up WiFi after putting Huawei app on

Options
  • 16-10-2020 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi got a new Huawei modem with 3. Downloaded AI app on my pH for using the dashboard of router.
    Did move modem into further upstairs room for better reception but when downstairs newish A10 pH with app just loses WiFi signal. Have deleted the app twice and re installed.
    Funny thing tho, have 2019 Lenovo tablet, has perfect signal upstairs and downstairs. Think the Samsung A10 is a better product than the Lenovo tablet.
    I know I could buy a WiFi extender, but is there something simple on the pH I could do?
    Or do mobile phones have very limited coverage?
    Seems strange the tablet has no problem
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi got a new Huawei modem with 3. Downloaded AI app on my pH for using the dashboard of router.
    Did move modem into further upstairs room for better reception but when downstairs newish A10 pH with app just loses WiFi signal. Have deleted the app twice and re installed.
    Funny thing tho, have 2019 Lenovo tablet, has perfect signal upstairs and downstairs. Think the Samsung A10 is a better product than the Lenovo tablet.
    I know I could buy a WiFi extender, but is there something simple on the pH I could do?
    Or do mobile phones have very limited coverage?
    Seems strange the tablet has no problem
    Any thoughts?

The phone is probably looking for the 5ghz network whereas the tablet is connecting to the 2.4ghz network.

On the phone try forgetting the network and reconnect again while far away from the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sinesprockett

DopeTech wrote: »
    The phone is probably looking for the 5ghz network whereas the tablet is connecting to the 2.4ghz network.

On the phone try forgetting the network and reconnect again while far away from the router.

Cheers, will give it a try
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sinesprockett

Cheers, will give it a try
    Thanks

Am downstairs from modem. pH not picking any WiFi signal at all.
    In rural area so no other WiFi around
    Did uninstall the app, tho should still pick up WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did you disable 2.4ghz on the router maybe? Does the phone pick it up when beside the router? Is it connecting to the 2.4 or 5ghz network? Same question for the tablet.

Advertisement