Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal successful. What now?

Options
  • 08-06-2020 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My daughter, after initially been turned down for a disability allowance has just got confirmation that her appeal has been successful.
    The appeals office has now sent the file to the disability allowance section.
    A few questions if anyone can help;

Does she/will she need to do anything further?
    Anyone know the normal waiting time for payment to come through?
    Finally, would I be correct in saying payment would be backdated to date of application?

Thanks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Hi all,
    My daughter, after initially been turned down for a disability allowance has just got confirmation that her appeal has been successful.
    The appeals office has now sent the file to the disability allowance section.
    A few questions if anyone can help;

Does she/will she need to do anything further?
    Anyone know the normal waiting time for payment to come through?
    Finally, would I be correct in saying payment would be backdated to date of application?

Thanks.

Hi workingclassheroes,

The payment should be backdated to date of application, she probably won't need to do anything further provided all information was provided when making the claim initially and circumstances haven't changed and it shouldn't take long for a payment to issued.

The disability allowance section will probably receive notice of decision from appeals office a few days after she receives it so depends on how quickly they can process it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lughildanach

Can take a few weeks (maybe up to 2 months) for the Disability section to process the successful appeal. She will receive a letter from Longford when they do, with Free Travel Pass/Public Services Card arriving a day or so before or after. They will backdate it to the date they received the application, and deduct any SWA or other social welfare payment she may have been getting from the arrears. Any arrears that are owed will be paid after that, usually a couple of month delay on that as well.

In some cases they can ask for further information, and if she doesn't have a Public Services Card, she will be invited to apply for one (once appointments are operating again).

If she hasn't already, she can apply for Household Benefits Package (Free TV license plus gas/electricity allowance), although she will need a gas or electricity bill/account in her name to apply for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jtydings1

hello people

i got my letter about my DA start time about two weeks but i was wondering when do i get a letter about my arrears is it after my first payment or whenever
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

jtydings1 wrote: »
    hello people

i got my letter about my DA start time about two weeks but i was wondering when do i get a letter about my arrears is it after my first payment or whenever
    thank you

Normally takes six weeks. Give them a buzz after six weeks if you haven't heard anything. I found them very helpful.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Advertisement