Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to start IVF - But 2 days late

Options
  • 08-06-2020 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I am just about to start IVF (5 years TTC), i have recieved the scripts and just waiting for time of the month to arrive.

Since November my cycle has been 28-30 days, it was due to arrive on Saturday but i havent gotten it yet. (i am now on my 32nd day) I took a test on Sunday but it was negative.

I am thinking it is down to stress and the thoughts of starting IVF but just wondering has this happened to anyone just before starting?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CCCHIA

mariangav wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am just about to start IVF (5 years TTC), i have recieved the scripts and just waiting for time of the month to arrive.

Since November my cycle has been 28-30 days, it was due to arrive on Saturday but i havent gotten it yet. (i am now on my 32nd day) I took a test on Sunday but it was negative.

I am thinking it is down to stress and the thoughts of starting IVF but just wondering has this happened to anyone just before starting?

Thank you.

Hey there, sorry to hear your cycle has let you down, typical but try not to worry. This happened to me twice - first time I was actually pregnant (first time in my life but sadly ended in miscarriage) and second time it just did not arrive so I was given drugs by the clinic to bring it on (I put it down to stress) - that was a frozen cycle which has resulted in my perfect 5 month old son. If you don’t get your period by tomorrow give the clinic a call.

I wish you the very best of luck on this difficult journey! We were TTC for 4.5 years. Xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Best of luck, take another test and let the clinic know. They might want to do a blood test to ensure you arent pregnant or might be happy to force start your period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mariangav

Thank you, done another test last night just to make sure and was still negative, think i need to ring the clinic today xx

Advertisement