Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

This makes sense as i was able to order with two old sims i had from eir but not with new ones !! Orders got cancelled

Do people think the same logic would apply to a Tesco sim. I see I can buy a Tesco sim for €15 but I don't want to waste my time if they are going to recognize it as a new sim and cancel it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭caper23

This makes sense as i was able to order with two old sims i had from eir but not with new ones !! Orders got cancelled

ordered with new eir sim

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Wolftown

I ordered with a new eir sim too. Tried ordering more free sim cards from eir but only got one through so far...

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Don't know if it's technically possible but VF might have visibility on how long the number has been in use and are curtailing the offer in that way...similar to excluding 48/Lyca/Tesco SIMs. Don't know why they're not accepting Tesco numbers as they cost 15e whereas 48 and Lyca are free (or at most 99c for Lyca SIM depending on the shop).
    Patsy167 wrote: »
    Do people think the same logic would apply to a Tesco sim. I see I can buy a Tesco sim for €15 but I don't want to waste my time if they are going to recognize it as a new sim and cancel it?

I think this explains. Earlier in the week all orders were going through but they appear to be cancelling orders where new sims are used in the past few days. Unless people have experienced otherwise in the past day or two?

Wolftown wrote: »
    I ordered with a new eir sim too. Tried ordering more free sim cards from eir but only got one through so far...

I've made several orders for Eir simcards. The oder goes through but none have arrived. Others experiences seem to confirm this. Again, this is all in the past few days. Different ball game a week or so ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If it's a case of them not accepting new sims then it would make sense to order some spare sims now ahead of the next porting deal.

I don't even know if they are actively cancelling orders like that or is it just their system is sh**e. I successfully ported over using a 48 sim that had only been activated about 2 minutes before I requested the port. I also know someone who used an eir sim that was never topped up. To me it seems like pot luck what they cancel.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

caper23 wrote: »
    unlocked?

Yep unlocked dual sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir SIMs may need to be opted in to a plan and registered with myeir to give a better chance of porting success (neither of those steps require top up).

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

Patsy167 wrote: »
    I've made several orders for Eir simcards. The oder goes through but none have arrived. Others experiences seem to confirm this. Again, this is all in the past few days. Different ball game a week or so ago

I got a new eir sim to go through on Thursday with no issues. I didn't register it with myeir or top up.

The issue I had was getting the website to accept my card to pay for it. Took a lot of trying. The order is with an post now so fairly sure I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ordered Eir SIM Tuesday, arrived Thursday. Ordered A21S Thursday, just arrived.

So the Eir shop, Carphone Warehouse method (70 euro including topups) and the online method (40 all in) both worked for me without issue or delay. Didn't do anything with the Eir SIMs bar putting them in my phone and as far as I can tell neither of them have been deactivated / ported yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

How much information can VF glean from the phone number you provide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Pasteur. wrote: »

Most people use throwaway sims. I bought an Eir sim last week for this deal and 2 days later was getting scam call on it from debt collectors and diabetes institute of Ireland and few from Maldives. Found it a bit odd as I only had the sim few days and was only used to get this deal.

Apart from source network then nothing else apart from the details entered...however if they compare today's routing database with last weeks database they can figure out how long the SIM is active...whether they do that or not is only known to VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Ordered Samsung A21 on 19 Nov with new Lycamobile SIM. Got email confirmation with order number (but no tracking) and €39.99 debited from my account. Got onto VF chat today as no phone received and was told phone had gone back to 'ordered' status as no stock atm. Assured me that phone would issue asap when in stock. 26 Nov ordered Xiaomi Mi 9 for €109 using new eir SIM, order went through online no problems. Will update when (hopefully) phones received.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Anyone has issues trying to place an order? I was able to order my own phone after switching to eir yesterday. It was shipped today so all looks good.

Wife did the same but we can't complete the order on the Vodafone website, it keeps saying there's an error processing after entering bank details and hitting continue. No idea how to get an order through!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

Anyone has issues trying to place an order? I was able to order my own phone after switching to eir yesterday. It was shipped today so all looks good.

Wife did the same but we can't complete the order on the Vodafone website, it keeps saying there's an error processing after entering bank details and hitting continue. No idea how to get an order through!

I had the same issue. Eventually got it to go through using incognito browser in Chrome.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 539 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Have had 2 orders gone through and money taken. Got onto them when first order status was cancelled and they said to order again online as they were issuing refund. Status is cancelled now on second order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Have had 2 orders gone through and money taken. Got onto them when first order status was cancelled and they said to order again online as they were issuing refund. Status is cancelled now on second order

Lol i stopped trying...dont think new eir sim trick works anymore barring few lucky folks

Lol i stopped trying...dont think new eir sim trick works anymore barring few lucky folks

I'd say it's the unlucky ones posting

Most people getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

yellowbear wrote: »
    I had the same issue. Eventually got it to go through using incognito browser in Chrome.

Not going past delivery details now. What an awful website!

• Advertisement

I'd say it's the unlucky ones posting

Most people getting them

Did u get one ?

Did u get one ?

Ya less than 24hrs had it in my hand

Ya less than 24hrs had it in my hand

Ok thnks for posting...looks like ppl who got are also posting

I'm assuming they're using certain criteria to reject orders

Like who's ordering with 48/Tesco and not keeping their number

If you come back then with a different sim they'll probably reject that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

Is it possible to port second number and order one more phone on the same name? I already ported 1 number and orderd 1 phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Recieved my Eir sim. Trying to switch to Vf. Select phone, click want to register as new customer. Next step tells me I can't continue as i'm not a Vodafone customer. :confused:

Currently getting the following error when trying to order online - "We're sorry, you will not be able to complete your order online. Please call (01) 539 3078 to make an appointment to call into your local store to complete your purchase"

I get payment error on last page....managed to order one somehow and was cancelled !

My order looks to be processed in so far I have an order number. No email confirmation yet but have received the data preference email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

unaaine wrote: »
    ..... 26 Nov ordered Xiaomi Mi 9 for €109 using new eir SIM, order went through online no problems. Will update when (hopefully) phones received.

Is this fully unlocked as some Moto Gs a few years ago arrived unlocked and would take any SIM but then lock to that network!

When you get the SIM from Vodafone can you just receive the authorising text from your porting to network?

Security token arrived - invalid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Scramble lads! Only a few hours left to get your orders accepted... I see even people who have got at least 2 of these are still complaining here that they can't get more. Pure glutiny.

* I got 1 in store after having multiple orders cancelled and am very happy.... *

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

Thinking of "trying" to get a A21, if I give a Tesco mobile number, will I then have to stay with Vodafone, or pay good bit to get it unlocked? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Thinking of "trying" to get a A21, if I give a Tesco mobile number, will I then have to stay with Vodafone, or pay good bit to get it unlocked? Thanks

A21 comes unlocked, so you can move back to tesco or 48 immediately after.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

I ordered in the morning, and no confirmation email yet.

• Advertisement

According to many people, the phone is unlocked already.

However, VF aren't accepting numbers from Tesco, Lyca or 48. So an Eir or three SIM are the only options (in theory anyway). If you try any of the unapproved networks, your order might be cancelled even it accepts the verification code initially.

If the order is cancelled then it may take a few days to release the hold on your card for the transaction amount.

Twitter rep said they cant resend the order confirmation but he can see the order on his side after giving him the order number. So im hopeful it'll go through.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    According to many people, the phone is unlocked already.

However, VF aren't accepting numbers from Tesco, Lyca or 48. So an Eir or three SIM are the only options (in theory anyway). If you try any of the unapproved networks, your order might be cancelled even it accepts the verification code initially.

If the order is cancelled then it may take a few days to release the hold on your card for the transaction amount.

11 working days for me for my first refund. The others I don't know as haven't go them yet... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Badabing1

Ah right, thanks for tgat. yeah not taking Tesco or 48 sims alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Is that Vodafone phone @ 109E decent?

• Advertisement

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Is that Vodafone phone @ 109E decent?

The Xiaomi yes

The Xiaomi yes

Just ordered one. cheers

GBX wrote: »
    My order looks to be processed in so far I have an order number. No email confirmation yet but have received the data preference email.

Same here..have a feeling the order will be cancelled.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Badabing1 wrote: »
    Ah right, thanks for that. Yeah not taking Tesco or 48 sims alright.
    Yeah, in the past week or so they have updated the website to refuse to accept ports from 48/Lyca/Tesco. That ship has now well-and-truly sailed!

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, in the past week or so they have updated the website to refuse to accept ports from 48/Lyca/Tesco. That ship has now well-and-truly sailed!

Yeah but they still accept Three SIMs which the Tesco network runs on. Strange tbh.

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Same here..have a feeling the order will be cancelled.

I was chatting to a rep on Twitter and they acknowledged the order as being processed. So im somewhat hopeful.

GBX wrote: »
    I was chatting to a rep on Twitter and they acknowledged the order as being processed. So im somewhat hopeful.

Processed doesn't mean a thing GBX. When you have the An Post tracking number you can relax... :)

My last & final order was stated as released for picking. Cancelled 3 or 4 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Anyone know if the Huawei p smart 2021 is locked or unlocked, managed to get one as a Xmas present for oh from store today, just want to know if I need an unlock code??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 aresnglan

I bought a21e and they charged full price never discounted 100 euro finding difficult for someone in vf to sort out problem

Anyone know if the Huawei p smart 2021 is locked or unlocked, managed to get one as a Xmas present for oh from store today, just want to know if I need an unlock code??

I could be wrong but all Huaweis are locked from all Irish networks and are a very expensive ( €40 ) unlock. They have the bootloader locked to fúck.

* EDIT * Maybe this has changed because they don't have the Google Play Store on them... * / EDIT *

• Advertisement
Advertisement