Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact for Sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Blanco100 wrote: »
    ive never received any emails about it, no mention of it in Sky.ie under rewards section either. Its a farce.

Regulators are toothless with these service providers. They should not be allowed onboard customers until they have proper lines of communication in place, its like the wild west.

It is for TV sadly - they do take ComReg very seriously for the Internet / Phone side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

There was some convoluted process for claiming the Mastercard - you've followed the instructions in their emails I take it?

On Catch Up you only get the last 30 days or something as standard, if it's older boxsets that's a separate subscription.

Do we get access to last weeks content on All 4 for instance? Its telling me my subscription must be upgraded, makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

We finally killed-off sky TV last month. ( replaced with Freesat and Saorview)

After 3 days of ringing, ringing, ringing. Bot chats with the UK, telling me they dont handle Ireland account holders. emails ending up in null zero. Down the rabbit hole with Alice basically. Back to ringing ringing ringing.

A small word of advice from Mrs Tigerbaby... a registered letter to Sky HQ in Dublin.

Got a phone call back from them within 2 days. all cancelled.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Do we get access to last weeks content on All 4 for instance? Its telling me my subscription must be upgraded, makes no sense

It's been a while so I'm not sure I'm afraid, sorry Blanco. All 4 might have an app for smart TVs if that's any use.

It is for TV sadly - they do take ComReg very seriously for the Internet / Phone side.

When calling the number, what selection do i make to get on track to speak to someone? All options lead to their website.

• Advertisement

I'd go through to sales as it is technically a sales issue. They can always transfer you if needed. Letter route is the way to go though IMHO doesn't have to be directed to JD Buckley - you can just write Official Complaint or similar on it.

I'd go through to sales as it is technically a sales issue. They can always transfer you if needed. Letter route is the way to go though IMHO doesn't have to be directed to JD Buckley - you can just write Official Complaint or similar on it.

Gone through the whole process only to be met with an engaged tone, its an absolute farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

So many channels. Adventure and romance awaits at the click of a button.......or sixty minutes on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

I have been using Sky for 10 years, moved house at end of Feb., to a temporary location. No problem. The problems began when I wanted to transfer to my new house. They had all sort of excuses, many hours on the phone, holding on, trying all ways, but got nowhere. Finally, 2 weeks after the supposed change date, I had Sky again. Now they keep sending me demands to pay my account from the Feb. account - even though that was closed. After more hours lost, frustration, etc., I now just ignore that & let them just do what they think they can do, at which time I will have them in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    We finally killed-off sky TV last month. ( replaced with Freesat and Saorview)

After 3 days of ringing, ringing, ringing. Bot chats with the UK, telling me they dont handle Ireland account holders. emails ending up in null zero. Down the rabbit hole with Alice basically. Back to ringing ringing ringing.

A small word of advice from Mrs Tigerbaby... a registered letter to Sky HQ in Dublin.

Got a phone call back from them within 2 days. all cancelled.

Did they charge you a cancellation fee - i was on to them at the start of november to cancel my account and they said they would only cancel broadband and sky talk and not tv package. i have sent them 3 e-mails and a letter by post and have heard nothing back. I was cancelling as I was moving house.

• Advertisement

Shoes,

no cancellation fee. I just paid up online what I owed them , which was one month's notice.

I then cancelled the DD with my Bank.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Shoes,

no cancellation fee. I just paid up online what I owed them , which was one month's notice.

I then cancelled the DD with my Bank.

Good luck

What I have done now is paid my bill which was due on 20th November and then cancelled the Direct Debit with the bank. According to my account with sky the cancellation date for my broadband and sky talk is the 10th December but nothing showing for Sky TV package. I am now no longer living at that address so not sure if they are going to start sending me out letters or if sky tv package will continue to be available to the new resident in the house.

Shoes,

Keep an eye online, as letters will go to old address.

as I say, a dated and registered letter is your friend. Outlining exactly what and when you are cancelling. and asking them for a final bill.

You can pay this final bill on your "my account" page.

Its very frustrating but Dont fret. It will get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

I cancelled my Sky in February, but they still send me emails about this account, saying I owe them money. I am with them again at another address, but now the problem seems that their system, when asking for D.D. from the bank, has changed. Result: it is rejected every time. They also want me to go on line (which shows my acc. is closed) and do various things there that I do not understand. Shades of 'self checkout' at some supermarkets. Not my job, nor is in the contract. Report them to the CRU.

Advertisement