Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Frontpage

Options
  • 22-10-2019 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello web designers and web developers,

I wouldn't consider myself an expert in this area but I have done some web design and coding in the past and I found Frontpage quite useful for editing templates alreaday designed; i.e. I got other people to do the graphics and so on and then edited using Frontpage myself.

Now, Can anyone advise me; is there any safe download site for Frontpage? Is there any way of getting this software and can I use it on my modern laptop? Any advice appreciated. If Frontpage cannot be got can you reccomend any other development software that is easy to use and that does a good job?

Thanks.
    Dermot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last release of it was in 2003, would be more harm than good using it nowadays.

If you are just editing existing code I find Notepad++ handy for doing basic tasks...
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dermot111 wrote: »
    If Frontpage cannot be got can you reccomend any other development software that is easy to use and that does a good job?
    In fairness FrontPage never did a good job!
    If you want to stay with MS then you could use Visual Studio e.g. Express for Web 2015 or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dermot111

Thanks to both of you. Im looking into this notepad++ at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

VS Code is excellent. Start off with it "as is" and then add extensions as you need them.

https://code.visualstudio.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dermot111

VS Code is excellent. Start off with it "as is" and then add extensions as you need them.

https://code.visualstudio.com/

Thanks. Ive downloaded that. It may a bit too complicated for me but I will see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

dermot111 wrote: »
    Thanks. Ive downloaded that. It may a bit too complicated for me but I will see. :)

It can appear complex at first, but it can function as a basic text/code editor if you want it to. Then when you grow into it and find you need more features, they're all either available or can be installed.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Google Visual Studio Code Tutorial and find one that works for you. There's loads out there between pages and YouTube videos that you'll be confident in no time.

Advertisement