Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M and M Direct

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Annual delivery charge is fantastic! All the family ordering from my account too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It should be pointed out that it might be a lot more awkward buying from the UK after they finally jump of the Brexit cliff, and the transactions are of a different "construct". People might get stung for such things as import handling charges, the same as applies from buying from non-EU countries now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Plenty of companies don’t cover the price of returns if the item doesn’t fit, sports direct for one, nobody misread what was said the poster didn’t need to gove a WARNING it’s on the website and PayPal should be used to cover returns
    Simple

but the poster wasn't complaining about paying for a return in the post. They simply mentioned to watch out as there is a cost as a warning to those that may buy clothes - which is totally fair. And the next poster sorta came like a ton of bricks with the usual aggressive crap as if some big company needed defending in some sort of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BE AWARE THERE IS NO FREE RETURN WITH THIS COMPANY.

RETURN AT YOUR OWN COST TO THE UK!

7 items, either didn't fit or rubbish :rolleyes:

Consider this a do not use alert from a disgruntled customer.

EDIT: Was not aware of returns option if using PayPal, thanks for that. But if I buy €70 of goods from a .ie domain and then find I have to pay €30 for tracked postage to return to the UK the "bargain" piece isn't really working for me.

but paypal give you the return postage back to the value of 30 euro so items can still be bought at bargain prices

The internet isn’t for everyone

flexcon wrote: »
    but the poster wasn't complaining about paying for a return in the post. They simply mentioned to watch out as there is a cost as a warning to those that may buy clothes - which is totally fair. And the next poster sorta came like a ton of bricks with the usual aggressive crap as if some big company needed defending in some sort of way.

yes they were, they posted about returning at your own cost in capital letters like it was a shouting news bulletin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

yes they were, they posted about returning at your own cost in capital letters like it was a shouting news bulletin

Yes to warn those new customers before ordering that there is a cost. It doesn't mean its negative to the company. Lots of companies charge for returns and lots don't.

All I can see is pure advice given that may save a bargain hunter from falling foul of the returns policy.

The original poster was highly aggressive back to the poster, that's what provoked a reply in kind.

Anyway. Don't want to further derail this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭corks finest

If you’re going to shop online then you should do your research, PayPal free returns has been covering returns for years now, they had my back 20 times last year to various companies without a problem

Btw what’s with all the capitals lol

Ref PayPal returns etc, could you elaborate pls ref sports direct,
    Am I right in thinking if u pay via PayPal returns are free to SD? Or do you pay for returns and claim afterwards via Paypal? Thank you.

Ref PayPal returns etc, could you elaborate pls ref sports direct,
    Am I right in thinking if u pay via PayPal returns are free to SD? Or do you pay for returns and claim afterwards via Paypal? Thank you.

pay for the items using paypal and if you return anything paypal refund the shipping costs

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JBan1984

Hi, is there a minimum spend required on each order for the unlimited express delivery? Had a look on the website but couldnt see if there was. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭vectra

JBan1984 wrote: »
    Hi, is there a minimum spend required on each order for the unlimited express delivery? Had a look on the website but couldnt see if there was. Thanks

Not that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

there is no minimum order value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

There's not. I wish there was. In one day I ordered 3 seperate individual things. 3 DPD couriers. 3 parcels. Think the 3 things were all under 20e *guilty emoji*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

BKWDR wrote: »
    There's not. I wish there was. In one day I ordered 3 seperate individual things. 3 DPD couriers. 3 parcels. Think the 3 things were all under 20e *guilty emoji*

I avoided this mainly because there is a reference in the terms and conditions that struck me as a fair usage type statement so in theory they could revoke it I guess if misused

pay for the items using paypal and if you return anything paypal refund the shipping costs

Thank you

Using pp for years and never knew about refund etc,thanks it'll save a few bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads topcashback are doing 13% cashback for new M&M customers but it expires today

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/m-and-m-direct/

Just made a new M&M account and placed a rather large order so should have a few bob cashback if it tracked.

I have been looking at the M&M site the last few days rather obsessively, and IMO it wipes the floor with Sports direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Me either and have kept stuff as it would have been expensive to return.

Every day is a school day ;)

Every day is a school day ;)

Yep

Lads topcashback are doing 13% cashback for new M&M customers but it expires today

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/m-and-m-direct/

Just made a new M&M account and placed a rather large order so should have a few bob cashback if it tracked.

I have been looking at the M&M site the last few days rather obsessively, and IMO it wipes the floor with Sports direct

Agree,have bought a rake of stuff from them,all good stuff, vast reduced price,lucky not to return any,unlike bloody SD sent a size massive to me for my kid instead of a size 8 football boot,and what a runaround to get reimbursed

• Advertisement
Advertisement