Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International cricket thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Ben Stokes reacting to abuse from the crowd, calls an old boy a four eyed ****, I am still laughing at it, 192/4 England.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Good for South Africa to get Stokes early.. Pope next..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

What's forecast for tomorrow like? Didnt bother with work party tonight want to get a full days play in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Plenty of showers reported for the next 3 days. Day 5 is good though. Given the solid enough English start and the forecast I’d say a draw would be the likelihood with an England win second...

Very entertaining morning of Cricket so far... both English batsmen looking to attack, all around the ground and playing some very expansive improvised shots, not far away from one day mode, looking to score off every delivery and a boundary or a couple per over, every over, good to see.

• Advertisement

As well as Pope has played he really just threw away his wicket there, he’ll be disappointed watching that back, seemed to change his mind from playing an all out attacking shot to trying to leave it at the last second. A pity, he played really well for his 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Great days cricket, started off with Wood and Broad, slashing the SA pace bowlers for a quickfire 80 odd, which took their score to 400. This was followed up by some very tidy bowling, restricted SA to 88/6 by the end of play. No more rain forecast for the rest of the test, if England can get the last 4 wickets early tomorrow, they should enforce the follow on I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Some turnaround from England over the last few weeks. They looked in rag order following the NZ series and the first test here, and then the Burns injury on top of that. But they've really fought back and found some batsmen in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

England wrap up a very fine series victory, farewell to Vernon Philander and maybe Faf du Plessis, and most significantly...Billy "The Trumpet" Cooper!

Anjobe wrote: »
    England wrap up a very fine series victory, farewell to Vernon Philander and maybe Faf du Plessis, and most significantly...Billy "The Trumpet" Cooper!
    Pity the fukn barmy army wouldn't retire :) they are not too bad though. Vern went at the right time, I must be getting old, sure his f first odi was in Ireland

• Advertisement

Is Faf going too? Good win for England not sure they faced the greastest competition to be fair.. they have an awful record of losing the 1st test of a series though..Sri Lanka next..get your money on them

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Fantastic (T20 match) between New Zealand and India today - tie and then went till the last ball in the Super Over

Seen it alright..Nz should have really won it with Williamson & Taylor at the crease... that knocked the stuffing out of them

romteilly wrote: »
    Seen it alright..Nz should have really won it with Williamson & Taylor at the crease... that knocked the stuffing out of them

Yea - NZ should have got this one

another cracker of a T20 match - NZ had India on the ropes till the last over, a certain win and we now have a super over
    last over - wkt/4/wkt/1/wkt/wkt(1run) - NZ had needed 7 runs off the last over to win

New Zealand slip up again in a Super Over

Ridiculous how many they've ended up in

England 258-8 Denly did well for 87, but none of the earlier batters got more than 32.Samshi the spinner took 3 wickets and bowled some great stuff. Woakes got 40, and an early wicket, but South Africa made 259 for 3 in the end, Quintin de Kock 107 and Temba Bavuma 98, put on 173 for the second wicket they batted very well, and had no trouble ticking the scoreboard. South Africa by 7 wickets with 14 balls left. Two games to go, Friday and Sunday. S

England 258-8 Denly did well for 87, but none of the earlier batters got more than 32.Samshi the spinner took 3 wickets and bowled some great stuff. Woakes got 40, and an early wicket, but South Africa made 259 for 3 in the end, Quintin de Kock 107 and Temba Bavuma 98, put on 173 for the second wicket they batted very well, and had no trouble ticking the scoreboard. South Africa by 7 wickets with 14 balls left. Two games to go, Friday and Sunday. S

Be interesting to see if they stick with same line up Friday, disappointed Pat Brown is out, would like to have seen him try his hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Hopefully moser is brought back in! Tough few months

• Advertisement

Bangladesh needing 27 from 66 balls to beat New Zealand, did not think I’d be typing that, u-19 or otherwise.

Strumms wrote: »
    Bangladesh needing 27 from 66 balls to beat New Zealand, did not think I’d be typing that, u-19 or otherwise.

New Zealand is not having the greatest time in cricket at the moment

Debub wrote: »
    New Zealand is not having the greatest time in cricket at the moment

They chased 348 to beat India the other day, I wouldn't be too worried about them. Without Kane Williamson as well, is he any good :). Second odi between South Africa and England looks like a rainout, South Africa 38-1 but heavy rain falling now

They chased 348 to beat India the other day, I wouldn't be too worried about them. Without Kane Williamson as well, is he any good :). Second odi between South Africa and England looks like a rainout, South Africa 38-1 but heavy rain falling now

You are right, it was super win. Hadn't seen the ODI when I posted, just the 5 T20s

Debub wrote: »
    You are right, it was super win. Hadn't seen the ODI when I posted, just the 5 T20s

They threw away two or three of the T20s. Strange the run of so many super overseas. The first ever T20 international was decided by a bowl out, was a tie between New Zealand and West Indies. Was only about 10-12 years ago but looked like something from the 70's. Was 126 runs each, 126 now would be chased in a hack.

Why couldn't the ODI on Tuesday have been washed away instead of the one I was free to watch :(

Third odi, South Africa 248-7 with 4 balls left. The reason I am commenting is Chris Jordan is bowling now, and if he is an international cricketer, there is hope for us all

Ended 256-7, may not be enough, but gave it a good go.

About 30 shy of being a competitive total. England off to a flyer 42-0 after 4 overs, peppering the boundary.

• Advertisement

18 runs off the 6th over, fûckin hell, England going all out attack, 61-0 after 6 overs....

Advertisement