Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veganuary 2020

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

https://uk.veganuary.com/recipes/low-sugar-sweet-and-sour-sauce

Made this sweet and sour last night. Pretty easy.

Since I hadn't some of the ingredients I subbed ginger powder, chili flakes, mayple syrup and oat flour.
    I doubled the ingredients and added other veg. too (finely dice the onion).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Supervalu are making a new recipe poste very day for veganuary https://www.instagram.com/supervalu_irl/?hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

riddles wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a big health bounce from becoming vegan.

Lots of energy, lost weight, sleep better, skin and hair looks much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Where were they? I was looking for the frozen ones but they've disappeared from the freezers in Letterkenny (at least from the original store on Ramelton Rd).

sorry missed that they are in the fresh section near the felafals in donegal town.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Had the meatless marinara meatball sub from subway and thought it was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Denny have realised some vegan sausages. Available in dunnes

Here's a common vegan cheese and spread guide :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ooZ-RnSxD/?igshid=1qvq7nbgsgg6o

There's also chocolate, biscuit and crisp guides on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Tilikum17 wrote: »

I got some yesterday in Supervalu and I was very impressed, they were gorgeous, sold out in our local shop in a day. It would be great if they were made by a 'meat' free company, but every step towards vegetarianism/veganism is a good step.

I got some yesterday in Supervalu and I was very impressed, they were gorgeous, sold out in our local shop in a day. It would be great if they were made by a 'meat' free company, but every step towards vegetarianism/veganism is a good step.

Sold out in dunnes near me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On a similar note, I'm in the UK and Richmond (purveyors of ****ty Irish style sausages) have done a vegan sausage that's a dead knockoff of their meaty ones.

My kids devour the damn things :D

I'm a huge fan of the vegan meatball marinara sub from Subway as well - load it up with plenty of veg, throw on some of the garlic aioli sauce (also vegan) and you've got this wonderful saucy mess that happens to be entirely plant based.

Yup and when every company is putting out vegan versions now it is less space on the shelves for their meat products, there's only a finite amount of space in a supermarket. To get a company to change to being vegan, first one product goes vegan, that is the beginning of any potential change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Got the Denny vegan sausages in SuperValu. They're game changing!!!

So is the new Chicago Town vegan pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked up Eden sausages in lidl last week. Ended up buying a few more packs, they're lovely!

Really recommend the meatless farm co sausages too, in dunnes, and the naturli mince mmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Still nothing with Dominos yet. They have had vegan pizzas in UK for 2 years now. Have they forgot about Irish market :(

• Advertisement

Saw 2 pizzas in dunnes this eve (their own brand)

Jackfruit
    Chickpea tikka

I think that’s what the 2nd one was anyway. €2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Denny vegan sausages! hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Saw 2 pizzas in dunnes this eve (their own brand)

Jackfruit
    Chickpea tikka

I think that’s what the 2nd one was anyway. €2.50

Had these last night. The bbq jackfruit one was quite sweet. My OH said the tikka one was spicy but I didnt taste it. Didnt blow my mind tbh. I added some smoked mozzarisella and that helped matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I treated myself to a sausage sambo for breakfast, and while they did taste exactly like a sausage, they left a weird greasy taste in my mouth for hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement