Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2020, 17:35   #1
2shea

Good shoe cream

Hi, I bought myself a few nice pairs of shoes over the last few weeks.

What I'm looking for is a good shoe cream for them to look after them and maybe a good wax polish too.

But mostly I'm after a good coloured cream.

The colour creams I'm after is as follows - Black, Brown/tan light and Dark as well as a Red/brown/oxblood colour. Also Neutral for a pair of waxy dark brown Chelsea boots I picked up.

Thanks
Advertisement
07-01-2020, 18:20   #2
eviltimeban

Can't go wrong with Saphir: https://saphirshoecream.com/

I'd also recommend getting the Renovateur cream - it's a good pre-polish cream to use as it 'renovates' the leather and gives it that extra bit of treatment.
Thanks from:
16-01-2020, 16:18   #3
Augeo

As above, Saphir is wonderful stuff.
My father has a pair of Loakes from the 70s that he recently stopped wearing as the leather began to crack at the creases. I stumbled upon an account on Instagram where a guy mentioned that often with old shoes it's layers of polish that's cracking rather than the actual leather.
I took white spirits to Dad's shoes to strip off the decades of Kiwi polish (desperate sh1t that shouldn't be used on decent shoes strangely enough) and then used some fine sandpaper also .......... a layer of Saphir 1925 Cream light cream had them looking very, very well.

I've subsequently also got some Saphir Pate De Luxe High Gloss Polish that I use on the toes, heel area of shoes etc ........ essentially areas that don't crease. Great results also. The pictured shoes didn't get any of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.JPG (34.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg During.JPG (33.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg After.JPG (31.2 KB, 68 views)
(2) thanks from:
17-01-2020, 11:05   #4
eviltimeban

^ Looks great! Can I send you my old shoes too?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion