Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Text Editor

Options
  • 01-12-2019 9:47pm

Hi.
    I am currently using Site Origin as my text editor on Wordpress but am finding it very restrictive when it comes to fonts. Can anyone recommend a plugin to give me more fonts/size options in the Editor or recommend a whole new Editor altogether? Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

For your website visitor to see your "special" font they would need either
    a. to have a copy of the font on their computer, if not the browser will substitute some other font.
    b.you supply the font with your webpage, font files are not small so will slow down your page delivery,
    c. link to Google fonts (or similar) and use a font from there, then your visitor should see the font you want them to.
    If you are using a text editor in WordPress it edits text and does not display the fonts as you would see them on the website.
    and the visual editor is not a wysiwyg experience either.
    Changing your editor will not change your "web safe" fonts. So if you want extra fonts look up using Google fonts

Advertisement