Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Phishing Scam 2020

Options
  • 06-03-2020 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone fell for PTSB scam/phishing text message sent to your number from Open24 number used in the past? I have a thread showing verification codes from ptsb from the past. PTSB fraud call support told me - your phone has been hacked or settings on phone are not right. Their bad luck cause I do work with phones and I know that if that would be case all my accounts would be left with €0 on them.

After receiving text from PTSB threaded message you need to get to open24 website and sign in with your details to stop process blocking your PTSB app working. As soon as you register you get your verification code as sign in- payee is being added and payee withdrawing money for himself from your account. In result you don’t know if money will be returned at all, how long will investigation take and if at all you will get anything... beside that, poor security system that does not catch up payments over 600 to another country etc... Wanna know if anyone else had that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if you receive any communication with pressure tactics eg.
    After receiving text from PTSB threaded message you need to get to open24 website and sign in with your details to stop process blocking your PTSB app working.
    you need to treat it as a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifep13

Hi...in the middle of something similar...did you get a refund?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Fake Text Message Claiming to be From permanent tsb

Published on 8 October 2020
    A new phishing (text) scam is in circulation stating that your TSB card has been frozen due to unusual activity. The message reads:
    "Your TSB Card has been locked due to unusual activity at 09.18. Proceed to snip to review the charge on

This is a fraud text....don not reply to it or click on the link it the text message
    The url link is a phishing page

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement