Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Battle for the Wooden Spoon - Italy vs Scotland 6N

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It’s simple. Relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Italy nilled for two out of three games this year....

They are not building or progressing....they are going backwards.

The club sides have improved the last few years, and the U20 side has been promising too.
    Polledri despite his greedyness is going to be a big player for them for years to come.

Despite that, it has to be said you're 100% correct. Their Senior team is definitely going backwards.
    If Georgia was a rich country I think we might have seen an agreement for a relegation/promotion playoff for the 6 Nations already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Someone tell Ben Kay that Italy have been "building to something" for 20 years now.

They’ll regroup now, after this, and target Scotland at home in 2022.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

razorblunt wrote: »
    It’s simple. Relegation.

The unions will never, ever vote for that - way too much risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Agreed, I'm done defending their involvement in top flight rugby.

Drop them and go back to the 5N or replace them with South Africa.

To be fair, Scotland aren’t too far behind them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,443 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Big Ears wrote: »
    The club sides have improved the last few years, and the U20 side has been promising too.
    Polledri despite his greedyness is going to be a big player for them for years to come.

Despite that, it has to be said you're 100% correct. Their Senior team is definitely going backwards.
    If Georgia was a rich country I think we might have seen an agreement for a relegation/promotion playoff for the 6 Nations already.
    Didn’t treviso bring in a load of project players?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Oh I know. Man mindeth self and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

The commentator mentioned that was a record winning margin for Scotland.

I don't think a team has ever looked less impressive while achieving a record win.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Big Ears wrote: »

Agreed.

I wouldn't be calling for them to be kick out just yet... But I'd be looking for some kind of five year plan with KPIs introduced for them, with the threat of an introduction of a play off game versus the REIC winner.

They would probably still win, but at least there optics are better and give the second tier a pathway to progress.

Its 20 years now since they have been introduced and they have regressed from those early days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

awec wrote: »
    Didn’t treviso bring in a load of project players?

Ya they've a few in there alright, but those players will eventually be eligible for the National team, and we can't exactly complain about the use of project players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Nor should they.

Advertisement