Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legalities of agri contractor selling machinery

Options
  • 22-02-2020 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

If you buy an item of machinery off a contractor is it the same as buying privately off any person i.e. like you buy the item as it stands or would it like buying off a garage where the garage would have to stand over the item???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

cute geoge wrote: »
    If you buy an item of machinery off a contractor is it the same as buying privately off any person i.e. like you buy the item as it stands or would it like buying off a garage where the garage would have to stand over the item???

Bought trailed sprayer off one a few years ago and he said he’d stand over it, as far as the gate out of his yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Once its out the gate its your problem. A dealer doesn't have to give you warranty on second hand machinery either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No offence to anyone here doing any contracting.

But allot of contractors round these parts and I wouldn’t like to be buying their stuff when it’s being sold.

Most lads would be looking for tidy farmer owned stuff if it could be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    No offence to anyone here doing any contracting.

But allot of contractors round these parts and I wouldn’t like to be buying their stuff when it’s being sold.

Most lads would be looking for tidy farmer owned stuff if it could be got.
    Or mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Who2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Or mine :D
    Since he bought the landini he has nothing strong enough to do any damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Who2 wrote: »
    Since he bought the landini he has nothing strong enough to do any damage.

Ohhhhhhh ohhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭listermint

cute geoge wrote: »

His business doesn't involve sales or service of heavy equipment. He's a contractor that owns equipment for the purpose of his work. Why would you think it's not a private sale ? Did he sell it with any warranty or just give you a decent price you both agreed on like any private sale...

Advertisement