Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAP cuts/ do we have a Taoiseach?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

To be honest, it’s all a load of ****e!

Those with high payments want to keep them - fcuk it, why not. I have high payments per Ha, I’d like tho keep them...

Those without, want some. Again, fcuk it, why not - why shouldn’t they get some of the action...

And there it is - there is no right and wrong, good and bad, it’s just haves and have-nots... depending on where you fall, that will determine your perspective...
    Fair enough point but i see teachers strick because of equal pay for equal work,maybe us marginal farmers should cry the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Fair enough point but i see teachers strick because of equal pay for equal work,maybe us marginal farmers should cry the same

Equal pay for equal work
    Sorry, but when you compare sectors - whats equal about any of us getting paid to do nothing? ;)
    Just because you own a few acres, that doesn’t seem very equal...

But in the context of farming - say every farmer gets the same amount per acre?
    Or how about the total pot gets divided by the number of farmers in the country, regardless of acres - this is also equal isn’t it? It’s more equal really, as everyone gets the same...

I think orchard - your view is ‘others have more than me, why shouldn’t I get more’
    That’s a perfectly valid view, but the whole system is a bollox, and to try to dress it up as equal or fair is rubbish - the system itself is both unequal and unfair...

As for striking - farmers have no leverage. We are producing a product no one really wants. Majority of people buy food in shops, as long as the shops have food - no problem. Farmers striking wouldn’t affect this...

Advertisement