Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caroline Flack found dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,062 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ted1 wrote: »
    Makes you realise that Harry Susessx and his wife did the correct thing getting away from them.

Good point......they're better off well out of it.

The majority of well known public figures can probably cope with social media negative attention, but those with mental health issues, anxiety, depression etc are very vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

There’s definitely a lesson in this for the ‘ibelieveher’ crowd. Felt at the time it could have easily had a similar outcome. At the same time though, what she did was surely attempted murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You really can’t. I’m not trying to be an edge lord or whatever cool and edgy word you want to try to use.

She viciously attacked her husband while he slept. You can’t excuse that if he had attacked her you wouldn’t even consider trying to.

You can’t.

You don’t speak for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Her husband?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

RasTa wrote: »
    Her husband?

Is he not her husband? Boyfriend then.

Sorry about that but does it really matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

This tragic individual was on a destruction trajectory...the harm she was inflicting was beginning to escalate.

There is a genuine sickness that has taken a grip on society, and you kind of get the feeling the root cause is not being addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Her husband?

Audrey meant her boyfriend.

The boyfriend who wanted the charges of assault dropped, nothing of which has anything to do with her suicide. It’s just thrown in there as though her taking her own life was evening the score or something, she’s on the same level as Alan Hawe now apparently :rolleyes:

Is he not her husband? Boyfriend then.

Sorry about that but does it really matter?

Yeah, he said she did nothing wrong in all this stuff before the media got involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Wouldn't know what to believe :confused:

I see a lot of people stating this as fact but why did he deny it?

It was reported at the time that she cut herself during the incident. Could be hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Reminds me of the cliche that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's not as though she killed anyone, she would likely have been let off with a caution or at worst a suspended sentence.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he said she did nothing wrong in all this stuff before the media got involved.

Quite often the victim doesn’t want to press charges. It's no proof of innocence.

Audrey meant her boyfriend.

The boyfriend who wanted the charges of assault dropped, nothing of which has anything to do with her suicide. It’s just thrown in there as though her taking her own life was evening the score or something, she’s on the same level as Alan Hawe now apparently :rolleyes:

When or where did I ever say her suicide evened the score? Do you really think I’m that sick minded?

I also never compared her to Alan Hawe. I never even mentioned his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

osNv2vs.jpg?1

That scumbag Dan Wooton the entertainment reporter is weeping on twitter for her, making it about himself at the same time too he ran the story that was the damage she caused in the original article

You would wonder why he rang the police then......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

brevity wrote: »
    The gutter press and social media mobs are disgusting imo.

No consideration or empathy.

It’s hardly surprising given who it is but The Sun have been deleting all their negative stories relating to Caroline Flack from their website. Utter scum.

osNv2vs.jpg?1

Doesn't the stain in the carpet look like Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The British tabloid media are scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

It's true that if we were talking about a male abuser, the reaction would be very different. Attitudes towards female-on-male domestic violence have always been... flippant, to say the least. I had a fairly noticeable facial injury recently, as a result of a fall, and I was shocked at the amount of people (all men) who jokingly asked me if it was "the wife" who did it.

But isn't it also true that there are some people out there (and perhaps even On Here) who, if her boyfriend had been accused of viciously assaulting her as she slept, would be using the "innocent until proven guilty" line of defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

bubblypop wrote: »

ah here... it does though, doesn't it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Its so sad. She was such a great presenter and always looked so happy and bubbly.

I dont think anyone can be certain about what happened, can we? Story his she hit him with a lamp while he slept. Didnt he come out in support of her afterwards?

Im getting so tired of 'if the [gender] roles were reversed you wouldn't say that'. Can we not just have thoughts on a topic as it is? Genders, circumstances, incidents all add dimensions to a given story.

Its very sad to think its all ended like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

This.

You would wonder why he rang the police then......

It's grand, she's dead now anyway.

The correct outcome for all

osNv2vs.jpg?1

That scumbag Dan Wooton the entertainment reporter is weeping on twitter for her, making it about himself at the same time too he ran the story that was the damage she caused in the original article

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If that is the picture of the alleged scene of the alleged crime, then if a police officer leaked that picture, they should be fired on the spot.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

But isn't it also true that there are some people out there (and perhaps even On Here) who, if her boyfriend had been accused of viciously assaulting her as she slept, would be using the "innocent until proven guilty" line of defence?

This was the point I made earlier in the thread. There had been no trial. No verdict, yet people are screaming about what an evil abuser she is. Attempted murder was even thrown out!

Now she may well have been guilty, or there could have been a pair of them in it on the night, we'll now never know for sure, but if you're a proponent of innocent until proven guilty, surely that works with both genders? You can't complain about a skewed presumption of guilt placed on men and then turn around and make the same presumption about a woman. It completely destroys your argument.

So it’s our fault is it?
    Fight me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If that is the picture of the alleged scene of the alleged crime, then if a police officer leaked that picture, they should be fired on the spot.

Do you really think a cop would be fired.

It doesn't happen in the UK

And no matter how incompetent they are or how many lies they tell, I assure you that it doesn't happen here either.

Cops/gardai add 1+1 and get 22

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The tabloids are scum.... the tabloids didn't put a lamp in her hand for her to allegedly beat her boyfriend with while he slept! TBH if the police pushed for her to go before the courts they must have had concerns for him or knew more and that may have come out in court, we don't know.

Either way I think there are far more important things to be worried about in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's grand, she's dead now anyway.

The correct outcome for all

How does a person taking their own life make it the correct outcome for all ?

Wtf :(

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    The tabloids are scum.... the tabloids didn't put a lamp in her hand for her to allegedly beat her boyfriend with while he slept! TBH if the police pushed for her to go before the courts they must have had concerns for him or knew more and that may have come out in court, we don't know.

Either way I think there are far more important things to be worried about in life.

Definitely not worth the posturing that’s went on in this thread anyway. After reading up a bit on her, you’d wonder how many tributes or how much of a mod strength there would be for her boyfriend if she’d killed him.

Advertisement