Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent 1 message I can't read or delete

Options
  • 05-02-2020 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've 1 message in my inbox but I can't read it, it's not there at all and I can't get rid of the notification for it. I'm guessing it was a spam account that was deleted after it sent me a message.

How do I get rid of the 1 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

I had exactly the same issue for weeks. Strangely, when, for the first time, I used my phone instead of my laptop to go on Boards.ie, I had no issue getting rid of the 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

You can send yourself a pm, open it and that should get rid of the notification

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Gneez,

As Quantum Erasure says, you can clear this notification by sending yourself a PM and opening that. This notification stuck around after an incident where someone sent spam PMs - while their account and Sent PMs were deleted, it left this phantom notification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement