Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts like this shouldn’t be allowed

Options
  • 02-02-2020 9:47pm

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112427628&postcount=98

Moderators should moderate. If they’re closing a thread then the should close a thread without offering their last word and opinion, especially when showing obvious favouritism because of their own hobby.

This “MOD NOTE” should have been left at the end of the second sentence without their oar throw in with nobody allowed to reply.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As this is a forum-specific and indeed thread specific complaint about moderation. These are dealt with in Help Desk so I've moved the thread from Feedback

So, should mod notes be used to get the last word?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So, should mod notes be used to get the last word?

I personally would not do this

Have you PM'd the mod to discuss this point directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I would agree that last note should not exist from the Mod.

It should of ended on "Lets shut this down as it is going to go in circles." the end. Anything after that should be modded by another mod to cut off the opinion part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

What is the process if the Mod doesnt want to change the post or edit to at least be non-partisan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Nobody PM'd me, the thread was circling a drain. I had made no points in thread, in fact I only knew about the thread due to the number of reported posts. Edited post, if the OP wishes to discuss reopening the thread I suggest they take it to PM with me first, Regards

What is the process if the Mod doesnt want to change the post or edit to at least be non-partisan?
    If you have no joy with the mod, then approach a CMod. If still not satisfied then start a thread in Help Desk

I would add the mod has removed the wording of concern from the post in question

I'm marking this resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement