Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google pictures

Options
  • 28-01-2020 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

This isn't a photography question so mods move if theres somewhere more relevant it should be. It's about albums on Google pics. In my Google pics I've all my albums as every month so Jan, Feb, March 2019 etc for about 5 years. Sometimes someone sends me a picture like this month that was taken in Jan 2019. I like having my pics in order so I can move a picture taken 12 months ago into the correct album. However I seem to have no albums when I try that.

So to try and move a pic from Jan 2020 to Jan 2019 I click on the picture and tick the picture, then I press the + sign at the top of the page. I then click on albums and shared albums but my albums don't appear. Can anyone help me please? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bemak

the years you are referring to aren't albums - they're just categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

bemak wrote: »
    the years you are referring to aren't albums - they're just categories.

OK. Thanks. How do I create albums? I thought they were so that's where I went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

OK. Thanks. How do I create albums? I thought they were so that's where I went wrong.

I've just figured it out. It'll be slow transferring five years into albums!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

You can select whole batches of images: hover over the date and a tick symbol will appear; click it and it'll select all the photos for that date; if there's any image in the lot that you don't want added to the album, you can de-select individual images with a single click. Alternatively, click the tick on the first image of the date range, press&hold SHIFT and tick the last image in the date range: that'll select all images from first to last. Again, you can de-select individual images (or lot-by-date) if they shouldn't be added to the album.

Advertisement