Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Package Holiday Last Minute?

• 18-02-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi there,

We (2 adults 3 kids)want to do a 7 night holiday to spain/Portugal package job at end of June. We have maybe missed the boat in getting a reasonable deal and should have booked months ago as the prices now seem very expensive.

My question is if we were to leave it to last minute, say a week before we go, would.we get a last minute deal? Or just be left with little choice and the same high prices?

Has anyone done last minute recently?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

end of June is high season and the days of last minute package deals are long gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Dats_rite wrote: »
    Hi there,

We (2 adults 3 kids)want to do a 7 night holiday to spain/Portugal package job at end of June. We have maybe missed the boat in getting a reasonable deal and should have booked months ago as the prices now seem very expensive.

My question is if we were to leave it to last minute, say a week before we go, would.we get a last minute deal? Or just be left with little choice and the same high prices?

Thanks

February is not last minute for a holiday in June.

You don't need to get last minute deals, just book it yourself and Malaga flights aren't that expensive in June. July and August are worse!

Tuesdays are the cheapest days to fly on, so check ryanairs website for flights in early June they're usually quite cheap

Also for decent and cheap accom check travel republic.com and you can also pay as you go (you don't have to pay the full amount upfront, you can spread payments over the next few months)

Yes you could try wait and see if there's any last minute package deals closer to the time, but I highly doubt it, usually those last minute deals are in low season like winter, wouldn't be worth the risk.

Youll get a good deal by booking direct /everything seperate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

What's your total budget??, Someones cheap holiday is another ones expensive one

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

What's your total budget??, Someones cheap holiday is another ones expensive one

Flights,accommodation and half board, transfers around €3500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We booked our July holiday last year in March, direct flights, 12 nights all inclusive in the sol lanzarote 2 adults 11 year old and 1 year old. We paid €2800.

This year we booked the same place because we loved it and it was the only place with any value. Direct flights June/July again & got a great deal on the hotel during black Friday. 2 adults 12 year old and 2 year old (2 year old not free now) going for 14 nights this year €2800 :)

I found holidays very expensive this year, and I wouldn't risk, leaving it till last minute . I love researching holidays and generally spend ages doing it. Just be careful if you book flights direct that you add in bags and seat selection. When I book aerlingus I leave the seat selection until 30 hours before and check in for free. But with Ryanair I'd pay for the seats when booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

michellie wrote: »
    We booked our July holiday last year in March, direct flights, 12 nights all inclusive in the sol lanzarote 2 adults 11 year old and 1 year old. We paid €2800.

This year we booked the same place because we loved it and it was the only place with any value. Direct flights June/July again & got a great deal on the hotel during black Friday. 2 adults 12 year old and 2 year old (2 year old not free now) going for 14 nights this year €2800 :)

I found holidays very expensive this year, and I wouldn't risk, leaving it till last minute . I love researching holidays and generally spend ages doing it. Just be careful if you book flights direct that you add in bags and seat selection. When I book aerlingus I leave the seat selection until 30 hours before and check in for free. But with Ryanair I'd pay for the seats when booking.

Jaysis could ya pm me the details for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

You may have a problem with 5 in a room, assuming half board = hotel so are you looking at 2 rooms? If so that's going to drive up the price

Tbh, I think with your budget maybe look at self catering somewhere in Spain and Portugal, maybe in the Canaries , I personally think that HB/AI is good value in Fuerteventura for couples or 2+1, have a look at 2 bed villas in Corralejo & do the math on eating out / in, although I appreciate that HB/AI is handy with kids

I think if you put a bit of time into looking, depending on flight prices, you'll find something in budget if you DIY, package holiday operators absolutely love reliving 2+2, 2+3 of their cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Hi there,

Thanks
    5 flights 1,000 with ryanair and 850 for an apartment with 2 double beds and a sofa bed ( looks really nice) from June 14 to 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Soulsun wrote: »
    Jaysis could ya pm me the details for this!

I just booked direct with aerlingus and through the hotel app which is a Melia brand. I had accumulated points from last year so I used them this year. The price of the hotel dropped by €450 during black Friday.

No transfers needed, its a €10 taxi journey. And we have annual travel insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I find hotels.com to be one of the cheapest options aswell.. Travel republic and alpharooms are handy the way you can pay in installments but sometimes they're way higher in price. Worth checking hotels.com

And expedia!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

We booked 14 nights, flights, checked bag, priority boarding and a 2 bed self catering apartment for €2600 on Wednesday in Marbella with Budget Travel.ie (2 adults 2 kids).

Travelling end of June after schools break up.

Advertisement