Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPO - Value of land (Dublin)

Options
  • 02-04-2021 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My aunt and uncle will lose 22 sq metres of their garden as a result of a CPO.

Has anyone any sense of what that type of land is worth in Dublin?

Thank you.

Comments

Hi,

My aunt and uncle will lose 22 sq metres of their garden as a result of a CPO.

Has anyone any sense of what that type of land is worth in Dublin?

Thank you.

Nobody can answer that without knowing the specific location which I don't recommend you share here.

A CPO, by its design, pays market rate, nothing more nothing less.

From here - https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/losing_your_home/compulsory_purchase_and_compensation.html
    The compulsory purchase system is an extremely complex area. You should get the professional advice of a chartered surveyor as soon as you are served with a notice relating to a compulsory purchase order (CPO). The fees charged by a chartered surveyor are part of a normal claim for compensation.

Advertisement